Diablo® III

why can't I play a single player game?

88 Gnome Mage
this is a single player game with the option of multiplayer... this isn't an MMORPG... why am I unable to play this single player game due to servers being down? how's about we release this single player game for single players so we can actually play it without having to worry if the single player servers are down?
Reply Quote
Do you want an actual answer to your question or are you just here to vent your frustration?
Reply Quote
You were aware this was on online game only.
Reply Quote
88 Gnome Mage
05/15/2012 12:26 PMPosted by NoseNuggets
Do you want an actual answer to your question or are you just here to vent your frustration?

just venting (and trolling) a bit... a little annoyed I can't play but eh... I'm off all week so I'm sure I'll get some time in :P
Reply Quote
88 Tauren Paladin
because in order for them to track all your achievments and stuff you have to login to their servers.
when the servers are down you no play diablo haha
Reply Quote
because they are evil people who want your money and dont care what they do when they have it.
Reply Quote
05/15/2012 12:30 PMPosted by Mareck
because they are evil people who want your money and dont care what they do when they have it.

Sadly, this^
Reply Quote
"online game" sounds pretty funny considering you can't get online with their lousy, cheap login servers...

why not introduce a login queue? that would help... even if I login and saw I was at place 2000 that would still be better then doing Ctrl+v->Enter->Enter->Ctrl+v routine every 2 seconds for 2 hours...
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
because in order for them to track all your achievments and stuff you have to login to their servers.
when the servers are down you no play diablo haha

There are games that track achievements and do everything that Diablo III does that do NOT require a constant connection. Check any newer Bioware game to see this.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Paladin
no, its all the faptards who cannot pay for a game and pirate it that forces companies to use Steam or make SP require you to be online. Thank you to all the people who couldnt just buy a game they want to play. <.<
Reply Quote
05/15/2012 12:25 PMPosted by Zassy
this is a single player game with the option of multiplayer... this isn't an MMORPG... why am I unable to play this single player game due to servers being down? how's about we release this single player game for single players so we can actually play it without having to worry if the single player servers are down?

Diablo 3 uses a server-side architecture that out-sources the majority of the game's functions (AI, mob spawn, item spawn, etc) to the server instead of the game client. This allows for the prevention of hacks and item duplication as to preform such tasks they would have to be done on the server end. Your client is not much more than a collection of art assets.

To create an offline single-player game they would have to decouple the core of the game and put it in an offline package; an endeavour that would require a decent amount of development time.
Reply Quote
Steam doesn't force you to be online to play the games they're distributing (not all).
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
dont act suprised, you knew this was how it was going to be for 6+ months
Reply Quote
88 Gnome Mage
well, I know the real reason it's online is so it will remain playable with no cheating, "hacking", botting, trainers, or save editors so it ends up becoming total garbage for those who want to play fair multiplayer game... just wish they had an offline version so it could be played without having to worry about the servers being down...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]