Diablo® III

My collectors edition disc not being detected

90 Goblin Death Knight
My collector's edition disc seems to not be detected. I know, the option to download it digitally is there (I'm doing that as we speak) however, after trying other discs (Diablo II, CDs, etc.) they all play fine and are instantly detected. Is this a disc defect? I even try manually running it, and at times I can hear it spinning, but, usually, my disc tray will eject and ask for insertion of a disc.
Reply Quote
I had the same problem. I would put the disk in the DVD drive, and nothing would happen. When I double clicked on the DVD drive in the "my computer" folder, a blank window came up. It was as though the DVD was blank. I have the regular version, not the collector's edition. I put in several other games, and they all instantly went to the autorun screen, so I know the DVD drive is working.

I'm downloading it, too. Hopefully, that will correct the problem.

The DVD drive in my computer is one of the oldest parts of my rig; it's about 6 years old. I wonder if old DVD drives don't like new games..?
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
My drive is about 2 or 3 years old, at most. Don't think that would be it, but, who knows.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
Bump.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
I have the exact same problem, It starts to install then says the CD is not being detected.

I am downloading the client but it is still odd that I even have to, the hard copy of the game should work.
Reply Quote
Same problem here .. I'm slightly annoyed .. My laptop is less than 12 months old
Reply Quote
Same issue as well. I tried with 2 external dvd drives as well, but to no avail.

I tried running it in safe mode in order to limit the processes from causing the issue, but still didn't resolve the issue.

I'm presently trying to copy all data from the drive to the HD. I got to see the files and folders after a few reboots and many tries, but from what I'm seeing the transfert rate is less than 150k secs.

I had a friend who tried to install it yesterday and it took forever as well...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]