Diablo® III

2h or dagger/mojo

2 Orc Warlock
Since spells are based off weapon damage wouldn't it be better using 2h weapons?
Reply Quote
OMG thats a good observation, i think it does, according that WD's does not recibe too much damage because they are always trying to keep away the mobs. Im pretty sure that using a 2h weapon its a better choice.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Death Knight
2H atm, and I assume it'll stay that way during the initial stages of the game. Once I find some higher level mojos however....
Reply Quote
I have a pretty sick dagger and a mojo and it does far more damage than a random 2h weapon would do for me. Then again I'm rockin dual rares.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
NND
Depends on what items you have. The extra +dmg on the offhand mojos stack incredibly well, but a really good 2H can sometimes be better.
Reply Quote
Isn't int an important factor in damage for the WD?
Reply Quote
Aren't poison darts tied to *both* weapon damage and attack speed? Could be wrong, haven't tested it myself or anything. Just that when I hit the attack speed shrine, I turn into a machine gun.

Got a dagger and wanga to swing around anyhow.
Reply Quote
I've got a blue dagger/rare mojo and its like 30dps better than the bow i was using earlier. i think both have the same level requirements too =P
Reply Quote
i'll honestly say in my mind (providing end game legendary's/rares with epic rolls ) dagger pffhand will be > 2hand in a dps role and 2h> dag/offhand when doing summoning or party support? Am i going off the deep end with this one? Plus faster attack for procs?
Reply Quote
Yes weapon speed does matter; realistically you'd be mostly concerned about the DPS of a weapon (except for modifiers such as +1-2 cold dmg etc. and life gained per hit which are only dependant on weapon speed). From what I've seen between levels 1 and 30 it is hands down better to use the Mojo + 1h. You have to consider that 1 int = 1% extra damage so you need a solid balance between weapon damage and int; stack one too high and you're wasting damage. Think of it as an optimization problem.
Reply Quote
2h does do more damage but keep in mind that the 1 handers have higher attack speed which does effect how fast you cast your spells.
Reply Quote
Does your skills damage come from base weapon damage or DPS?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]