Diablo® III

wheres the singel player mode?

why do i need to connect to a server to play in singel player?
im gonna lag like no tomorrow like this and get killed non stop and have to very slowly grined to level up at all
this sucks
i want singel player
not to play with others
why isnt there an option to play by yourself?
Reply Quote
You should always expect the first few days to be buggy and down quite a bit. Single player is online only as well so you can only play if you connect to the server ... don't worry things will smooth out.

Single player online only helps keep items from being duped I assume. It was a big problem in D2 before.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Because if you had an offline mode, or consequently a LAN option, the client you installed would have to have some form of the same server infrastructure that you play online with to handle the same functions such as loot, map generation, combat, etc. Basically like Diablo II. The problem would be that people who start hacking into the client and reverse engineering parts of it until they figured out ways to for example, duplicate items. They would then take these methods onto the BNet servers and completely screw up the market for items. Now since we have a RMAH and real money is in play that wasn't an option. (Diablo I was even worse, the client itself handled loot generation, and then told the server what items it was getting, people just starting generating their own items). What Blizzard has done is ultimately for everyone's own good in the long run, we will have an interesting endgame with hard to get items that are actually rare, and the only price we pay is a disgusting first few days of launch, and no free airplane gaming.
Edited by Fizzik#1212 on 5/15/2012 2:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
ive been playing diablo since the first one, im 30, i know all about the item dupeing
for online pay make people join servers and what-not
but why didnt they make it so singel player chars cant be used online, so everyone would be able to play even with all these server bugs, there would be less people !@#$%ing about it then because they would be able to at least play in singel player
as for me, it took almost 24 hours to get this ^-*!@#$ game installed
had to format my hdd and re-install windows to even install the bastard thing
now its installed i cant even play the stupid game coz "the servers are full"
bring on torchlight 2, as soon as that comes out ill ditch diablo
Reply Quote
also, if they make a true singel player mode, make it so u cant sell the item u gain in there in the auction house, with how long they spent makeing it u think they would of covered everything
Reply Quote
73 Undead Rogue

bring on torchlight 2, as soon as that comes out ill ditch diablo

No you wont. Now go empty your drool cup.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
It's not about duping in singleplayer, its about the singleplayer requiring the core game-play systems to be hard-coded DIRECTLY into the client, instead of the client just being a blind deaf fool who asks the server for ever ounce of information, which allows hackers an insight into how the game works. That's how online duping happened in Diablo II. Hackers examined the built in LAN server and figured out a way to dupe items. They took this online and what you got was an absolutely ruined economy.
Edited by Fizzik#1212 on 5/15/2012 2:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
qq? we all knew there was no offline mode. we also all knew blizzards track record of launch/patch day screwups. get over it
Reply Quote
Hey he can complain, he paid 60 bucks to complain, and considering that is all he can do right now I would say it at lease keeps him occupied until the next server error shows up tonight.
Reply Quote
05/15/2012 02:14 PMPosted by Zamboneh
What Blizzard has done is ultimately for everyone's own good in the long run,

I think we've all seen what Blizz has tried to do "for everyone's own good", and how crappy that turned out.
(Anyone remember the RL names on forums fiasco? That was a hoot)
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
05/15/2012 02:12 PMPosted by Faulty
You should always expect the first few days to be buggy and down quite a bit.

Except you shouldn't, almost every gaming company other then Blizzard doesn't have issues at launch.

Bungie, EA, Activision...Need I go on? Halo 3 had Millions of players log in all at once, and there wasn't a single issue with Xbox Live that night.
Reply Quote
@zmboneh
i never had the problem of item dupeing and all that when i played online with d1 or d2, but then again i only ever played with friends, and not just randoms, i like grinding away and earning my loot, even in singel player modes, i just wish they had included it, i know all about they hackers and all that that end up screwing up in game enconomy, but isnt the real world real economy really screwed up right now anyway? its a game, let me play what ive payed for !@#$%^-it!! ;)

@captnstabbn
yea i wont fully ditch it, unless i never get to play the game
but with the way this is going i not far off wipeing blizzard as a company to never buy from again
Edited by MrNull#6206 on 5/15/2012 2:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
05/15/2012 02:34 PMPosted by Jailgar

Except you shouldn't, almost every gaming company other then Blizzard doesn't have issues at launch.

Bungie, EA, Activision...Need I go on? Halo 3 had Millions of players log in all at once, and there wasn't a single issue with Xbox Live that night.

Tera had quite a few problems when it launched a few weeks ago.
Don't get me started the the launch problems every other game has had.

Frankly though, this kind of problem should NOT be happening from a company with so many games under it's belt, and from the 3rd installment of a franchise.
Reply Quote
they had a winnning formula with the first diablo games, then they made WoW and thought "hey lets try to make D3 like that!!!! then we can make more money!!!"
if theres gonna end up being a subsciption fee for this game ill ditch the game and blizzard forever
greedy mofo's
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
05/15/2012 02:34 PMPosted by Jailgar

Diablo 3 differs from online fps's in that its servers ARE the game (they handle every single calculation, the client does nothing but display that information for you), whereas an online fps might have matchmaking servers, but once they put you into a match they make a client take over as the server (the client becomes the host). That creates virtually no strain on the fps's servers where Diablo 3 is rupturing in 5 dimensions.
Reply Quote
LMAO, ok now it wont even login to battle.net ingame
so i can login to the battle.net forum, and complain on here with no hassle
but i cant login to b.net for D3?
*clap clap clap*
bravo blizzard u have out done yourselfs
Reply Quote
the items and everything being handled server side, i understand
why didnt they come up with a method where in online play that if a "hack" sends the code to dupe or spawn an item at random when it shouldnt that the player gets a 24 hour ban or there account suspended?
12 years of coming up with the game, and developing it and they couldnt find a way of makeing singel player as well?
i think they need to clean house and start from scratch with people who have some common sense
Reply Quote
also the first torchlight game almost made me not even think about getting D3, but it didnt have a multiplayer oiption
if it had i wouldnt even be posting on here right now
Reply Quote
The decision to not allow single player was a two part one. First, it's saves money if you only have one character storage and no need for local server code for single player. The second is greed. Single player people can buy stuff from the real money auction house.

This is what happens when a company like EA owns Blizzard. It's all about profit now instead of the game. I actually think EA rushed this out as all of these problems keep happening. It was a good run Blizzard but I think EA is finally squeezing the greatness out of Blizzard.

I wonder how long until another Blizzard comes along where fun is more important than profit.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]