Diablo® III

System requirements...

85 Blood Elf Priest
So I am done trying to meet system requirements. When WoW Cataclysm first came out I had to buy a whole new computer to play it smoothly, on low graphic settings at that, and have been enjoying the game play even on low settings since. With the MoP beta release, I recently bought a much better computer to keep my game play running smooth without lag and such. For the MoP beta, I have zero interference and runs much better than my previous computer, BUT, my new computer is completely useless for D3. EVERYTHING LAGS, even the login screen is so slow it takes a few seconds for anything I type to appear. Game play... I cant do anything. I go to attack something, I hit it and the creature slowly starts walking towards me then 3 seconds later it is in my face and I have half my health. I have put all the graphic settings on low/off which helps slightly but not enough to be able to play without dieing every 5 mins.

Long story short, I am sick and tired of having to spends hundreds or even more than a thousand to play a game without it running like complete crap. I understand technology is always improving and what not but to me it is ridiculous to have to buy a new computer every expansion. Especially since I just bought a new computer for MoP, now I have to buy ANOTHER one only a few months later. No. You just lost a D3 player Blizzard. I will play MoP if it doesnt run like complete crap when it is released but as far as D3 goes with the current system requirements I will not play it until I purchase a new computer much further in the future when my 3 month old computer is officially obsolete.
Reply Quote
first post your pc specs and please if you want to play pc games you need a desktop pc not laptop so you can upgrade the videocard cpu and memory
Reply Quote
No kidding, dont buy a cheap black friday POS and expect it to be an actual gaming computer either.
Reply Quote
$2,450 back in june of 2006 to build my tower. Only upgraded the GPU once and runs D3 just fine. Could have waited till December/Jan when the prices for the 940 opteron's dropped by about 50% but I needed it for that full year at scad. I suggest researching before you buy, a 2GB GPU can be FAR less powerful than a 512MB depending on the card ect.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
I am using a desktop pc. Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.120330-1504). AMD Athlon(tm) II X4 640 Processor (4 CPUs), ~3.0GHz. Directx 11. ATI Radeon HD 4200 video card. And I wasnt expecting flawless game play and be able to use high graphic settings. I knew the computer would only be able to handle low graphic settings. All I want is to play without lag.
Edited by Token#1114 on 5/15/2012 2:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
it has to be your card,get a new one and youll be fine...iirc the 4200 series isnt that great
Reply Quote
well upgrade your videocard thats low end everything looks good but videocard plus ati is going to stop supporting that videocard soon you need a 300 doller videocard to run smoothly dont be cheap.
Edited by Jim#1594 on 5/15/2012 2:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Even a good video card will cost several hundred dollars which, like most people these days, I cant afford to just throw around.
Reply Quote
like i said dont be cheap you need a new videocard that is your problem right there if you dont fix your problem that problem will still be there and never gets fix. i spend like around 500 bucks on my videocard just dont be cheap.

at least get a videocard around 250 range
Edited by Jim#1594 on 5/15/2012 2:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
How much ram do you have? If you have at least 4GB you should be able to play just fine with a video card that cost <$150, just do your research and get the best one in that price range and you'll be fine.
Reply Quote
ooooor you can spend more than $200 at walmart buying a laptop and get a real computer that is ahead of the games coming out so you dont have a problem. i have a $700 asus that i added a graphics card, psu, and sound card to, to make it run smooth...1k only takes a couple of paychecks and will save you alot of money in the long run for constantly buying new computers...
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Even other people with "top end" computers are saying the game is to choppy on other threads. Yes I could use a better video card, but I dont believe that the lag issue is solely the players computer. People who play other games like Skyrim on ultra settings have said they experience "teleporting" creatures and extremely low framerates when playing D3. So I do believe Blizzard has pushed the system requirements to the point where if you dont have the BEST gaming computer you wont have a enjoyable time playing D3.
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
05/15/2012 02:41 PMPosted by Tokenpriest
Even a good video card will cost several hundred dollars which, like most people these days, I cant afford to just throw around.

700 wtf you might want to go on newegg and look around u dont have to spend anywere near 700 for a gfx card to run this game.
Reply Quote
get a videocard around 150 ati 6670 or nvidia 450 or something around that

do not get 5450 6450 nvidia 420 430 520 or lower
Edited by Jim#1594 on 5/15/2012 3:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
700 is how much you should spend on desktop... a decent graphics card is only like 100 and you have to buy a psu with it which is like another 100
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
Who knows what their problems really are. Could be server lag, malware, overheating, etc. But the bottom line is there are plenty of people with 3+ year old systems with current low end graphics cards that play the game flawlessly so it's obviously not the system requirements that are causing all the problems these people with "top end" computers are experiencing.
Reply Quote
Mine runs just fine on max, only thing I upgraded from my 2006 build was my GPU, 7900 GTX to a GTX 260 55nm.
------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 5/15/2012, 15:30:55
Operating System: Windows XP Professional x64 Edition (5.2, Build 3790) Service Pack 2 (3790.srv03_sp2_gdr.120411-0334)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: TYAN Computer Corp.
System Model: S2895
BIOS: Default System BIOS
Processor: Dual Core AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 270 (4 CPUs), ~2.0GHz
Memory: 4094MB RAM
Page File: 939MB used, 4951MB available
Windows Dir: F:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 5.03.3790.3959 32bit Unicode

------------
DxDiag Notes
------------
DirectX Files Tab: No problems found.
Display Tab 1: No problems found.
Sound Tab 1: No problems found.
Music Tab: No problems found.
Input Tab: No problems found.
Network Tab: No problems found.

--------------------
DirectX Debug Levels
--------------------
Direct3D: 0/4 (n/a)
DirectDraw: 0/4 (retail)
DirectInput: 0/5 (n/a)
DirectMusic: 0/5 (n/a)
DirectPlay: 0/9 (retail)
DirectSound: 0/5 (retail)
DirectShow: 0/6 (retail)

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce GTX 260
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_05E2&SUBSYS_0CDD19F1&REV_A1
Display Memory: 896.0 MB
Current Mode: 1280 x 1024 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor: Plug and Play Monitor
Monitor Max Res: 1600,1200
Driver Name: nv4_disp.dll
Driver Version: 6.14.0012.9610 (English)
DDI Version: 9 (or higher)
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Driver Date/Size: 2/29/2012 18:58:00, 12002048 bytes
WHQL Logo'd: n/a
WHQL Date Stamp: n/a
VDD: n/a
Mini VDD: nv4_mini.sys
Mini VDD Date: 2/29/2012 18:58:00, 13095552 bytes
Reply Quote
because we our hardcore gamers if you want to play on pc you need to be rich and understand how computers work and run and stop compling about your computer that can run and we are telling you how to fix it period.

then stop playing games on pc and start playing on console
Edited by Jim#1594 on 5/15/2012 3:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
You are telling me to get a better video card. Obviously that will not solve the issue considering other players with much better cards than I are having the same lag issues. So tell me why I should buy a new one when it most likely wont fix anything?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]