Diablo® III

Come now, people.

I, like you, have yet to be able to get in.
I, like you, have been waiting since finishing Diablo 2.
I, like you, stayed up in hopes of playing at launch.

However, unlike you, I'm not complaining incessantly. Yes, this could have been handled better by Blizzard in numerous ways (I prefer the queue option, so that I could watch a movie or something while I wait), but they didn't. Complaining here will do no good what-so-ever.

You will NOT get a refund because you didn't get to play in the first hour of game launch.
You will NOT get a refund because you "payed 60 dollars and can't play". Patience.

In what I'd guess to be about 3-5 hours, most of us will have made it in and will have forgotten all about this. If you truely were waiting for this as long as some people have (I'd imagine the majority), then you understand how great of a series this is. This is why their servers are busy. Millions of us are all wanting to play. We're all loyal fans, but that doesn't entitle us to anything beyond what we have already purchased. The servers will be available.
I promise.

Everyone relax, take a deep breath, and enjoy yourself while you wait. I knew this was coming, so I bought bourbon.

Me and Blanton's will be patiently waiting, what about you?
Reply Quote
Yup, everyone be patient and wait. At least until I've gotten logged in.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
what i love is people !@#$%ing the bliz people arnt on here when it clearly says when they are on the forums. which is NOT right now.
Reply Quote
05/15/2012 01:32 AMPosted by Ewawk
what i love is people !@#$%ing the bliz people arnt on here when it clearly says when they are on the forums. which is NOT right now.

Apologies good sir, but I've no idea what dafaq you just said.
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Paladin
All the complaining is definitely getting annoying. There was no way Blizzard could COMPLETELY forsee all the problems that were going to arise with the launch of a new game. It happens when a new game gets released no matter what company you go with. It will take a bit of time for them to hammer out all the issues with the game. No matter how many beta testers you have in a game, you cannot tell what the servers are going to do under stress until the day of the release.

Blizzard at LEAST had their team on hand for the first 24 hours of the release, to fix these issues.
Reply Quote
All the complaining is definitely getting annoying. There was no way Blizzard could COMPLETELY forsee all the problems that were going to arise with the launch of a new game. It happens when a new game gets released no matter what company you go with. It will take a bit of time for them to hammer out all the issues with the game. No matter how many beta testers you have in a game, you cannot tell what the servers are going to do under stress until the day of the release.

Blizzard at LEAST had their team on hand for the first 24 hours of the release, to fix these issues.

Exactly. They're TRYING.

Glad to see I'm not the only one who isn't going all "OMGUFAWKUGIVEMONEYBACKNAO" because they can't play.

I feel sorry for their call in CSRs.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
My exasperation is coming from random "has Stopped Working" errors that were not present in the Beta, and unlike everyone else who at least get error codes that they can refer to, I have nothing at all to determine why it's happening.

:(
Reply Quote
My exasperation is coming from random "has Stopped Working" errors that were not present in the Beta, and unlike everyone else who at least get error codes that they can refer to, I have nothing at all to determine why it's happening.

:(

Most times the "Has stopped working" window will provide some information in the "show details" dropdown.

Perhaps if you made a thread a CSR would get back to you to help you assist, or maybe you found a bug!

I wish you the best of luck, but fear not! Regardless of what is being said tonight (crybabies) Blizzard has a decent (not perfect) track records of fixing major problems :)
Reply Quote
it's called a queue. Blizzard had that option.

Since they did not bother with it, people are angry. This is understandable.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
I feel they should have been more proactive than reactive. I knew there was going to be hiccups, just could have been handle better IMO.
Reply Quote
Hey, cool. I'm in :)

Send me a forum message if any of you guys get in, I'll play with you :)
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

Most times the "Has stopped working" window will provide some information in the "show details" dropdown.

Perhaps if you made a thread a CSR would get back to you to help you assist, or maybe you found a bug!

I wish you the best of luck, but fear not! Regardless of what is being said tonight (crybabies) Blizzard has a decent (not perfect) track records of fixing major problems :)

Unfortunately, it's going like this.

Diablo 3 Launcher starts. No problem.
Completes update. Ready to play.
Click "Play"
"Has Stopped Working"
No drop down menu, no additional information. Windows will let me know if there's a solution. Literally nothing to work with or any change that has occurred since the beta.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Rogue
But complaining is how I fill the 3 hours I now have to spend redownloading files because the downloader said "Finished downloading Diablo-III-etc-etc" and I believed it.

Luckily Street Fighter X Tekken was released on Steam this week that will kill some time, I only had to install it once to get it to work too.
Edited by Sneakeh on 5/15/2012 1:55 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Unfortunately, it's going like this.

Diablo 3 Launcher starts. No problem.
Completes update. Ready to play.
Click "Play"
"Has Stopped Working"
No drop down menu, no additional information. Windows will let me know if there's a solution. Literally nothing to work with or any change that has occurred since the beta.

Call their tech support. I really hope you get to play :(

These things happen at launch. Remember, Beta is not the same as release. You only had a slice of the game, it could be something they added at launch.

Call them, and don't take no for an answer, but be polite and patient. The person helping you on the phone did nothing to you, nor caused the problem. They are just trying to help :)
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Paladin
Castilla, try running it as administrator.
Reply Quote
Good thread. Just roll up a fatty and wait, or go to sleep and play in the morning. I prefer the former...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]