Diablo® III

Blizzard launcher "failed to download"

So I downloaded the game, installed it last night and then when I enter the launcher to patch it, I get to initializing and can't get past 0%. The error is "failed to download a required file". I tried all the regular fixes, booting in safe mode, toggling p2p, toggling firewall, deleting background processes, software updates, I am connected through a cable to a college network, repair disk permissions, repair folder permissions, and I don't use anti-virus software.

The most recent fix I tried was to delete the users/battlenet folder. Now instead of "failed to download a required file" the message has changed to simply "failed to download", I am not sure if this has any significance. After I check that "failed to download" box, another error (700) appears, if I close that, then the application closes.

If I try to launch through the diablo 3 launcher or diablo 3 files, I get the failed to setup tools error.

I tried another fix, I moved my diablo3 file to a different folder and tried to re install after deleting users/battlenet, when I tried re installing, I received the streaming error. So I moved the folder back and tried more troubleshooting on my original file, but nothing seems to work.

Please help me out, I am planning on calling tech support when I get time.
Reply Quote
59 Undead Death Knight
05/15/2012 06:44 AMPosted by ProStatus
I am connected through a cable to a college network

They're blocking some of the required files.

Download the Diablo III.tfil from:
  • http://patchup.info/d3/tfil/NA/

The most recent fix I tried was to delete the users/battlenet folder. Now instead of "failed to download a required file" the message has changed to simply "failed to download", I am not sure if this has any significance. After I check that "failed to download" box, another error (700) appears, if I close that, then the application closes.

An older version of the Agent will display "Failed to download" and not "Failed to download a required file". You might need to update that as well, otherwise the launcher may not launch the game. (download the SetupOSX.mpq and follow the instructions)
  • http://patchup.info/d3/tools/Mac/
Reply Quote
i love you
Reply Quote
is there a windows fix for the error 700?
Reply Quote
@Barthus thanks man i been fightin this damn thing all day and your solution was the only thing that worked, appreciate it
Reply Quote
Yah.. I went to Starbucks to see if it was the college internet and it was. The Diablo 3 folder in applications never even downloaded on the campus internet I only had the eng_diablo one on User->Shared-> Battle.net.
I only let it download until like 5% at Starbucks but when I went back to campus I replaced the Diablo III.tfil file that was in the folder with the one that you linked to and it resumed downloading to 11% and it stopped... Then I replaced the SetupOSX.mpq file with the one you linked to, relaunched the Installer and it works perfectly now! Thanks Barthus
Reply Quote
please help me my bro gave me the guest pass key with the CD that he bought when i download update tools and update blizzard launcher its says fail to download if persist contact technical support please help me.
Reply Quote

They're blocking some of the required files.

Download the Diablo III.tfil from:
  • http://patchup.info/d3/tfil/NA/

An older version of the Agent will display "Failed to download" and not "Failed to download a required file". You might need to update that as well, otherwise the launcher may not launch the game. (download the SetupOSX.mpq and follow the instructions)
  • http://patchup.info/d3/tools/Mac/
Tried doing this and its not working for me, getting a "Failed to Update Tools" message when trying to launch the game.

I'm trying to connect from work's LAN (hard wired, not wireless.) I have internet access but cant seem to get the game to launch.

I deleted my Battle.net folder and replaced the tfl file, and then ran the 2 updater exe's from the 2nd link.

And it's still not letting me in. Might be a strict blocking script on the network (it's a hospital), and it could be just blocking me altogether from connecting to anything that has a certain amount of bandwidth requirement? That's my only guess at this point. Kind of missing the days when you could play any game from work easily.
Edited by Jesty#1322 on 5/20/2012 6:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
59 Undead Death Knight
And it's still not letting me in. Might be a strict blocking script on the network (it's a hospital), and it could be just blocking me altogether from connecting to anything that has a certain amount of bandwidth requirement? That's my only guess at this point. Kind of missing the days when you could play any game from work easily.

They probably allow connections on a small number of ports just to make sure you can browse the web, download emails, use IM, etc.

If the game is already installed, it is possible for it to update and launch it without having to connect to port 1119, but you wouldn't be able to play.

Edit: What I mean is, they're blocking port 1119, which is required to update and to log into the game.
Edited by e1D#1473 on 5/20/2012 8:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
YES!!! AFTER HOURS OF TRYING:

1. follow these simple instructions to fix DNS:

•http://techie-buzz.com/how-to/google-public-dns-on-win7-and-winxp.html

2. Make sure that compatability mode is XP SP3.

3. Run as admin

TRY IT!
Reply Quote
http://dellexperts.org/threads/failed-to-read-a-required-file-please-close-all-other-applications-temporarily-deactivate-your.138/

solves all the patching issues! Enjoy!
Reply Quote
i tried downloading the update a while ago, but it the game launcher kept exiting and i kept getting errors that says

"The file D:\Diablo III\Updates\d3-0-9749-Win-final.MPQ" appears to be corrupt. You may need to download this file again"

but when i click "ok" the launcher exits....
can someone help me with this?
Reply Quote
I add the europe version and I switch for the US, but now when I'm trying to play the say i have to download a patch but my europe laucher then told me my game is up to date. And i get back to diablo3 and then they told me to download the patch over n over. i guess i have to find the US laucher but i dont know how plz help me or im gonna play battlefield
Reply Quote
thanks man....im stuck almost 3 days....and getting crazy hahaha but u came and save my day...thanks again....i still can play my barbarian
Reply Quote
I'm having similar problems. I have two copies of the game, running one on my iMac and the other on a 2012 Macbook Pro Retina.

The copy on the iMac runs fine and has updated successfully. The one on the Macbook gets stuck at 'Initializing' and then after a minute or two displays the 'Failed to download a required file' screen.

I'm running both my computers at home through a wireless broadband connection, and I've followed the advice presented as best I can: unchecked P2P downloads, downloaded the tfil and the mfil, deleted the users/battlenet folder... None of these steps appear to be working for me on the Macbook.

-Solved. Apparently the game doesn't like it if you try to patch it using a different log in to the one it was installed on. *facepalm*
Edited by Simo1981#2990 on 12/24/2012 1:53 PM PST
Reply Quote
I tried everything in this thread, and on other websites, still no luck.
I am on osx 10.8.2, and the problem keeps coming up. Either it cant update, or sometimes it doesnt even ask to update, and when i click play it just crashes after opening and i have to force quit. It works on a non-admin account, yet when i try it on the admin account, it never works. Before, the account that it currently works on was an admin account, and it worked fine, so i dont see why its still not working... any suggestions?
Edited by Lorden12#2809 on 1/2/2013 9:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
welldone job thanks mate
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]