Diablo® III

I'm Confused? Game was only 6 hours long??

(Locked)

05/15/2012 08:43 AMPosted by Johnnyy
He maybe finished Act 1 in 6 hours. Sorry bro, you still have 3 more acts to go. Best get to it.

Nope, I kiled Diablo himself at the end of Act 4. Got cinematics and finished all 4 acts.

no you didnt
85 Undead Rogue
05/15/2012 09:55 AMPosted by Dovolan
dude i played 14 hours straight and didnt finish act 2... I didnt die once (hardcore of course), explored every single corner and dungeon, repeatet some quest so i dont get one hittet in act 2. Dude enjoy the expierence.... this isnt WoW Endgamecontent-Rush

Im sorry act 2 took you so long. Please dont get upset with me for being very good at video games. Ive always been good at them, starting with NES as a kid.

Its nothing against you, so dont be competative. I have a natural ability to see what needs to be done in games and react better than most
05/15/2012 09:43 AMPosted by Johnnyy
throw the game into the recycle bin

It's certainly not a game for people that need to be told how to play a game for start to finish. No hold handing for the wowbies.
It is just ridicilous reading these "omg game is over after 6 hours or so", the game does not end after NORMAL difficulty, its just starting after it and gets harder and therfore longer in each difficulty, u also get better gear on harder difficulties, maby u should have played Diablo2 some time before rushing into Diablo 3. Thats my opinnion.
90 Human Rogue

Edit: Just because you cleared all 4 acts in Normal does not mean you beat the game. You only uncovered the story line. The real magic comes in at later difficulties, when the mobs you thought you knew, make you quickly realize you have a lot to learn.

That's the problem... people are used to playing Skyrim and today's games that don't rely on "Now try Hard Mode!" as a cheap excuse for non-content.

Yes, the Diablo series has done that all through its history...
No, not everybody KNOWS that.

Most WoW players who never played a Diablo game probably saw this and said "cool! Another fantasy game!" not expecting it to be NOTHING like WoW. :P

This is especially true for WoW players today - most get burnt out after doing 2 raid difficulties and they don't even bother finishing the third hardest as they've got a sense of "we've done this CRAP already before... we don't WANT to repeat it with just harder mechanics..."

Right now WoW is fighing a massive battle - Hardcore vs Casual. Hardcores are your D3 players mentality who say "Harder modes = content". Casuals (the VAST majority) do not see harder modes as content. They see it as simply rehash. They're not about "pushing your limits". they're about "lets have some quick fun" and that's it.
Edited by Meadows#1300 on 5/15/2012 10:00 AM PDT
I think it's just a troll. Wants to know if there's some end game, then claims to be proficient with D1 and D2. Somehow didn't realize that the challenging parts of the game came in the higher difficulties.

Probably hasn't even installed the game yet.
85 Undead Rogue

Edit: Just because you cleared all 4 acts in Normal does not mean you beat the game. You only uncovered the story line. The real magic comes in at later difficulties, when the mobs you thought you knew, make you quickly realize you have a lot to learn.

That's the problem... people are used to playing Skyrim and today's games that don't rely on "Now try Hard Mode!" as a cheap excuse for non-content.

Most WoW players who never played a Diablo game probably saw this and said "cool! Another fantasy game!" not expecting it to be NOTHING like WoW. :P

This is especially true for WoW players today - most get burnt out after doing 2 raid difficulties and they don't even bother finishing the third hardest as they've got a sense of "we've done this CRAP already before... we don't WANT to repeat it with just harder mechanics..."

Finally, someone agrees with me. Thank you for the support
86 Night Elf Druid
SO this is where all the wow fan trolls went.

Yo nerds, universe is not equal to diablo. This guy thinks it was easy maybe it was for him. to think OMFG he must be a troll makes you look as bad as the QQ whiny babies you !@#$% and moan about.
85 Undead Rogue
I think it's just a troll. Wants to know if there's some end game, then claims to be proficient with D1 and D2. Somehow didn't realize that the challenging parts of the game came in the higher difficulties.

Probably hasn't even installed the game yet.

Look up my charater and it will show the achivement for beating acts 1-4 on normal
Guess some people don't understand that the allure of these types of games are the challenges the higher difficulties present. If you are saying that normal mode 6 hours or whatever is what you can stand that all the more power to you. What others want after beating the main story is the try a harder difficulty. That's the draw for the game outside of the story continuation and years of buildup from D2. If you can't find yourself doing the harder difficulties then this game was probably not your cup of tea even after all the research you put in.

To be honest people that do the research and then buy the game and can complain about it being short aren't really doing themselves any services in the research department.
85 Undead Rogue
SO this is where all the wow fan trolls went.

Yo nerds, universe is not equal to diablo. This guy thinks it was easy maybe it was for him. to think OMFG he must be a troll makes you look as bad as the QQ whiny babies you !@#$% and moan about.

Going to church!!! Preach on preacher man!
100 Worgen Hunter
Wow, I don't even know how to respond to this, however in looking at your completed raids in WoW it becomes clear. D3 is not WoW, go back and enjoy playing WoW please. Sorry you're not happy with the game, but I don't think you understood what you were getting into.
100 Human Paladin

Then I'm sorry, but both of you bought the wrong game. Leave the rest of us to enjoy it in peace.
funny, because i remember beating diablo 2 in 4 hrs and some change also. rose tinted glasses anyone?
If the OP wants to skip half the content and rush to beat a game, that's his fault, not the game developers. There are several games out there that can be done quite quickly if you rush through it and do the main story, however, the games were made so there was plenty of side content to make the experience better and longer. No offense OP, the game may be "short", but that's because you decided to play it that way.
90 Human Rogue

Oh, trust me Johnny - You're going to see a BIG war right now on the D3 forums over this. Diablo fans of old do not understand that gamer's mentalities have changed... and many people who have NOT played Diablo in the past won't get or understand how Diablo is played.

The problem is, no new potential buyers KNOWS how Diablo was played based on a handful of videos of D3 they saw. There's nothing in those videos telling people the game is over in 8 hours, and the CORE GAMEPLAY resides in pushing yourself higher through difficulty modes.

In WoW they're trying this with raids, and it's NOT WORKING. Only 2% of the WoW audience is doing Heroic raids. The rest are bored as they're tired of getting knocked around... doing the same content over and over again. Now, these WoW players and other casuals are jumping into Diablo that is BASED around that mentality of gameplay.
Edited by Meadows#1300 on 5/15/2012 10:05 AM PDT
U sir just failed hard...
If we compare our Gameskill u will surely lose... starting from WoW over CoDMW3 to League of legends... Diablo isnt a competition game... u just play and enjoy... i could have rush diablo this morning with my movement and skill... but thats not what u do in diablo... diablo is like indiana jones... u search every corner and enjoy every minute u can spend more in that dungeon... (i was one hour in the ruin dungeon at act 2... cause i really was in every corner of stage 1 and 2) this was an optional dungeon... i think u jsut didnt search for random dungeons or quest did u?
Try not bum rushing the content...I'm not even through with act 2 yet, and I've been playing since about 3 my time (So about 9 hours total)
85 Undead Rogue
U sir just failed hard...
If we compare our Gameskill u will surely lose... starting from WoW over CoDMW3 to League of legends... Diablo isnt a competition game... u just play and enjoy... i could have rush diablo this morning with my movement and skill... but thats not what u do in diablo... diablo is like indiana jones... u search every corner and enjoy every minute u can spend more in that dungeon... (i was one hour in the ruin dungeon at act 2... cause i really was in every corner of stage 1 and 2) this was an optional dungeon... i think u jsut didnt search for random dungeons or quest did u?

Your correct about random dungeons. I am guilty of blowing past alot of the side stuff and sticking straight on the main story line. I tried a couple of side things on the way (mostly by mistake).
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]