Diablo® III

Why the hell do we pay $60 for a physical...

Game, yet require a 15GB download to install? I made it to 15-16% and guess what "CANT FIND THE DAMN FILE I WAS DOWNLOADING" so now it starts over and I am at 0% and have been there for 5+ minutes now. Why the hell do you guys do this to customers? Why even sell a GAME to people if you have to download it anyways. Just frustrating because you save up money, go buy a game, get home, and waste HOURS waiting for it to install which is just stupid. There is absolutely no reason I should stick in a disc (or discs if required for space) to start up some downloader client. You could have just told us all to not waste our time going to the store and buy it online as all I've got now is an extra box and worthless disc to throw away. Hopefully I get to play here soon.. we'll see if it can figure out what the hell its trying to do/download
Reply Quote
Don't worry, once you get in its unplayable anyway.

If you're video card works well with the game, you're certainly in the minority.
Reply Quote
I mean if we had only given them enough time to test this stuff... o wait it took nearly a damn decade to come out.
Reply Quote
Wow now day 1 servers are full... did you guys not even look at how many copies you sold in order to prepare for this? Now I get an indefinite queue, errors 3003/3006/3007 whichever it feels like choosing and cannot play... what the hell are you guys doing about fixing this?

ps - been trying for 30-45 minutes to play. If it actually logs onto the server (doesnt throw a 3003), it then tlels me im in queue, then when im in queue it throws a 3006 error or 3007, whichever it feels like doing first and it repeats.
Edited by RSM777#1265 on 5/15/2012 2:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
If you played World of Warcraft and signed up for the Annual Pass, you wouldn't be paying an up-front $60, nor would you be dealing with a CD. The downloaded version off the battle.net site is working 100% fine for me. Lol.
Edited by Kobra#1118 on 5/15/2012 2:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
05/15/2012 02:25 PMPosted by Kobra
If you played World of Warcraft and signed up for the Annual Pass, you wouldn't be paying an up-front $60, nor would you be dealing with a CD. The downloaded version off the battle.net site is working 100% fine for me. Lol.

which solves nothing and now you're saying I should have bought another game, $100+ for an annual pass, in order to "pay nothing" for Diablo 3... yes this is the logic that I am talking about causing all the issues I am dealing with now. I paid for Diablo 3 and just want to play it. That simple. I don't know why blizzard has such a hard time releasing games when they give themselves more than enough years to create them.

Your suggestion also does not fix any of the server issues I am dealing with either.
Edited by RSM777#1265 on 5/15/2012 2:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
The annual pass does not cost anything...it was free, as long as you continued your monthly prescription. Lol. Unlike you, I am not having server issues. I load in just fine, alittle slow, but just fine. That, however, was before the servers went down a few minutes ago.
Edited by Kobra#1118 on 5/15/2012 2:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
nm... they now have in the news that they're bringing servers offline to fix them... yay
Reply Quote
"If you played World of Warcraft and signed up for the Annual Pass, you wouldn't be paying an up-front $60"

Instead you'd be paying around 180$ a year...and still not be able to play your game.
Reply Quote
I am in the same boat, paid 60 bucks to read a error screen for 12 hours. Epic Fail
Reply Quote
05/15/2012 02:28 PMPosted by Kobra
The annual pass does not cost anything...it was free, as long as you continued your monthly prescription. Lol. Unlike you, I am not having server issues. I load in just fine, alittle slow, but just fine. That, however, was before the servers went down a few minutes ago.

lol it was free except you had to lock in paying monthly for a year... ok :) maybe you've played WoW a little too long and can't understand it still costs money even though you were already going to pay for it. I had to give up WoW too when I would talk that dumb about the game in trying to justify my ridiculous statements
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
$180 a year for World of Warcraft. To add on to that, you get Diablo 3 free. You also get other special offers, like a beta invite to the next expansion.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
If you notice they don't have a warcraft account hence the diablo tag so yes it would cost money
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
Oh yes, I realized that. That's why I said, "If you played."
Edited by Kobra#1118 on 5/15/2012 2:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
QQ
Reply Quote
G-D dang blizzard. I PAID FOR THIS GAME PLZ BRING OT BACK UP!
Reply Quote
100 Undead Rogue
05/15/2012 02:25 PMPosted by Kobra

I actually had Annual Pass and the digital download, and it was as fail for me as the OP is stating. Grats on being in the minority of those who actually got it to work.

I do agree - if you get a physical copy - it shouldn't have to download anything but patches, not 25% of the game...
Reply Quote
05/15/2012 09:16 AMPosted by RSM777
Game, yet require a 15GB download to install? I made it to 15-16% and guess what "CANT FIND THE DAMN FILE I WAS DOWNLOADING" so now it starts over and I am at 0% and have been there for 5+ minutes now. Why the hell do you guys do this to customers? Why even sell a GAME to people if you have to download it anyways. Just frustrating because you save up money, go buy a game, get home, and waste HOURS waiting for it to install which is just stupid. There is absolutely no reason I should stick in a disc (or discs if required for space) to start up some downloader client. You could have just told us all to not waste our time going to the store and buy it online as all I've got now is an extra box and worthless disc to throw away. Hopefully I get to play here soon.. we'll see if it can figure out what the hell its trying to do/download

I have a physical copy and it installed in about 20 mins and I did not have to download anything. Maybe your dvd drive is really slow.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
It could be the fact that I downloaded the launcher prior to release of the game.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]