Diablo® III

Installation is stuck at 0%!

So I purchased the digital version of the game, only to come across some very annoying issues. Was on hold for 40 minutes only to be disconnected by Blizzard, and no responses to my support tickets. So I thought I would try and see if anyone here can help me.

To begin, it says it needs a newer operating system to run. I have Vista 64-bit Service Pack 2. I click okay, then "already activated." It then brings up the installation screen where the bar just stays at 0%. I see that many people are having their installation get stuck at around the half-way mark. I wish I could get that far! IDK what to do and Blizzard is really pissing me off. I guess once they get your money its all good for them. Any ideas?
Reply Quote
Im having the same issue... Not sure what to do. Im wondering if it its because i don't have quite the minimum requirements?
Reply Quote
Make sure that once the installer is started that Diablo3.temp and the desktop icon (also a .temp file) is made. If it is it means you're installing the game. Check your Diablo3 folder (Diablo3.temp) file size. If there is a noticeable gain while your installer is still at 0%, it still means it is installing.

Also an indication that installation is complete is that the temp file on your desktop will turn into an icon. Just try to be as patient as possible, it may take upwards to an hour and more to install completely. As long as you aren't getting any error messages while the installer is up you're fine.

Edit: My installation completed around 62%. When I confirmed it was completed I just closed the installation and ran the client. No problems at all.
Edited by Feliz#6198 on 5/15/2012 11:28 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Trailmix,

would the diablo3.temp file be in the Battle.net folder? And I know there is no desktop icon.
Reply Quote
Having same issue, stuck at 1% and looking for the disk but it a digital download and activated.
Reply Quote
How can the same makers of WoW, with all this time and preparation, make such a faulty installation process? Blows my mind... Wasting my time trying to get some customer service isn't what I paid them for.
Edited by TaggleBat#1319 on 5/15/2012 11:33 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
Go into your program data folder go to the battle.net folder then agent right click agent.exe and go to compatability tab TURN OFF compatability mode.
Reply Quote
Just got off the phone after another 30 min hold only to send them my msinfo file.... Tried what Fearon suggested but still no luck. Any other takers? This is pretty outrageous, never seen this many errors from such a reputable company like this before.
Reply Quote
Bump :(
Reply Quote
i get the usual message below min spec cpu and installer sits on 0, even though the temp folder gets to 7.62gig
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Priest
I'm not entirely tech savvy. but I don't see an option to change the compatibility mode, I have also tried all the trouble shooting tips on the tech support site. I have tried both the disk and the digital DL... *frustrated* still stuck at 0%
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Priest
well I found the compatibility tab, yet there is no option to turn it off...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]