Diablo® III

Defensive skills underestimated?

Wow I have only got 3.5 hrs in, im playing witch doctor and i remember the d3 developers heeding a warning about taking defensive skills, cause you need them and you'll die without them. Man i took them way to lightly. Since playing I have 2 defensive skills (grasp of the dead, unbreakable grasp), Horrify, Phobia) 2 offensive(poison dart, Splinters) Fire bats, Dire Bat) and one buff (soul harvest) and i have to say, even with the 2 defensive skills it is still hard to survive a group of champs or rares. Anybody else feel the same way? And also so much for using zombie dogs, they get obliterated in seconds.
Reply Quote
I think its just class-related case. Harder to play.
Reply Quote
SH 5 stack -> Acid cloud with [Acid rain] -> [Direbats] Firebats the leftovers -> mana return on darts the additional leftovers.

It's a joke rolling around like this, A3 AOE groups just blow up in one acid cloud lol.
Reply Quote
05/15/2012 11:19 AMPosted by BigD
Wow I have only got 3.5 hrs in, im playing witch doctor and i remember the d3 developers heeding a warning about taking defensive skills, cause you need them and you'll die without them. Man i took them way to lightly. Since playing I have 2 defensive skills (grasp of the dead, unbreakable grasp), Horrify, Phobia) 2 offensive(poison dart, Splinters) Fire bats, Dire Bat) and one buff (soul harvest) and i have to say, even with the 2 defensive skills it is still hard to survive a group of champs or rares. Anybody else feel the same way? And also so much for using zombie dogs, they get obliterated in seconds.

I really enjoyed soul harvest, but it's incredibly situational and dangerous (range = death zone). A little trick to get max stacks is to Grasp, run in and Harvest, and immediately Horrify.

I am not having dmg issues since ditching the skill, and utilize Grasp + Horrify/Mass Conf as my defensive abilities. Doing really well with this so far (end of Act 2).

See my build here:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5051435421?page=2#21
Reply Quote
I only use GH for Defense and the rest is all offense. I use the Templar with no dogs and I am running through this game like a beast. It seems Blizzard misspoke; instead of adding a hard difficulty, they added an easier difficulty.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]