Diablo® III

Minimum Specs when I exceed them?!

I was going to post the screenshot from canirunit.com, but I guess images are disabled. So here is copy/paste of it. The only spec that it doesn't have "PASS" on is CPU Speed, but mine is a QUAD core CPU @ 2.4 which is better than a 2.8 DUO... so why would it not let me install? Also, my computer is a DELL with a locked bios, so I can't overclock. Any help here blizz?

Minimum: Intel Pentium D 2.8 GHz or AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+
You Have: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz

CPU Speed
Minimum: Info
You Have: 2.4 GHz

Minimum: 1 GB RAM (1.5 GB required for Windows Vista/Windows 7 users)
You Have: 3.1 GB

Minimum: Windows XP/Windows Vista/Windows 7 (Latest Service Packs)
You Have: Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition Service Pack 1 (build 6001), 32-bit
Click here for the latest Windows drivers.

Video Card
Minimum: NVIDIA GeForce 7800 GT or ATI Radeon X1950 Pro or better
You Have: GeForce 9500 GT
Click here for the latest Video drivers.
Features: Minimum attributes of your Video Card
Required You Have
Pixel Shader version 3.0 4.0
Vertex Shader version 3.0 4.0
Dedicated Video RAM 256 MB 1.0 GB

Free Disk Space
Minimum: 12 GB
You Have: 88.7 GB
Reply Quote
This happens to me also. I play Starcraft II on Ultra and it thinks I am below minimum.
Edited by Karmic#1560 on 5/15/2012 11:44 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Are you just going by the canirunit report, or have you attempted to install and had the game refuse?
Reply Quote
doesn't matter. the installer is bugged. it won't install for you anyway. thanks blizz.
Reply Quote
05/15/2012 11:50 AMPosted by Tiakatt
Are you just going by the canirunit report, or have you attempted to install and had the game refuse?

I have attempted to install, and it refused.
Reply Quote
I would much like to know whether I need to spend money to be able to play this game. It is clear from the minimum specs that my system can run the game, if not well. I don't know if blizzard is running strict spec requirements that ignore quad core processing if it's lower than the minimum duo core speed... but it would be MAJORLY helpful to know whether or not to go ahead and spend money to play the game, or if I should wait and see if the restrictions get lowered to a reasonable amount for quad core processors.
Reply Quote
74 Goblin Shaman
Magus, I received the very same error on my Vista machine(64 bit not 32). Like your copy text implies that machine did not have Service Pack 2. After pulling it from Microsoft's website(Windows update didn't find it) I was able to install the game.
Reply Quote
I just stumbled on this too. Thanks!!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Explain (256 characters max)