7 Blood Elf Priest
I'm pretty confident once you reach lvl 45+ the best general build is gonna be this
still not 100% on which electrocute rune and what the last defense spell should be, but everything else i feel is set in stone
1. Electrocute is the best sig spell, almost undoubtedly. use it to mow down little guys and with prodigy you will regen very fast to start using the big spells.
2. Orb is seriously the best spell right now, no question. with the reduced cost it becomes very spammable aoe, perfect for most situations, easy to use
3. Ray of Frost is your single target boss and champion killer, its not quite as impressive without the frost passive or sparkflint/magic weapon buffs, but it'll do
4. Diamond skin is perfect oh !@#$ button, and remember it doesnt interrupt your spells! if youre channeling ray but the guys in your face and you want to push the dmg, you pop this and keep channeling uninterrupted
5. port is great use with w/e rune you wish
6. round it out with a last defensive spell and i feel youre golden!
the only doubts i have about this build is the unknown power of archon
things i would reconsider are the electrocute rune, the teleport rune, last defensive spell, and the last passive
You are looking for the elective mode, Zinnin. I believe it is Options > Gameplay > Interface > Check elective mode.
Thanks, that was confusing the hell out of me.
Archon is bloody amazing.
Also, I really enjoy using the frozen mist frost nova, blizzard, and ray of frost in conjunction with the 20% frost boost. I use these things together for soloing and I simply PWN aoe packs.
Thanks for the tip about elective mode! I'll put that to good use ;)
if blizzard did it right, there will be no best build.
i got tired of little dudes jumping on the grenade of the arcane orb, ruining a nice aoe blast, so i swapped to runed arcane torrent for the arcane damage buff.
This is basically my build I've been running and it's been very effective. Played about 7 hours listening to story and I'm starting Act 4.
I have frost nova+shatter instead of Wave of Force though. Absolutely insane for group packs since it recasts itself if you spam AO/CL and it also hits on every boss.
Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.
Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.
Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.