Diablo® III

Why am I being locked out of single player???

(Locked)

I'm not a power gamer, I bought this game on the way home from work. I've been a console gamer for 10 years because I got tired of dealing with all the issues that came with PC gaming. With a console you just put the disc in and it just works. I gave SC2 a shot and I decided to try D3 and now I find out that Blizzard locks out single player if their server is offline? How is that my fault? Why am I being punished when I just paid 60 dollars for your game because you can't figure out how to keep a server online? Why do I even need to connect to a server? Probably something to do with piracy I'm sure but basically I just got punished for paying for the game. This has really soured me on computer gaming and blizzard.
It does say on the box Internet connection required and you may have wanted to do a little research on the game first. Its always been said there is no offline play you have to be connected to their servers.
Maybe you should have read the system requirements before you purchased.
Usually they require an internet connection to register, I understand that. And I provided the internet connection, mine is working. Why am I being punished when I just want to play single player only?
I feel the same way. $60 to play a game when they say I can! RIDICULOUS!!!!
+1, no matter how good their game, Blizzard's net ops guys need to be replaced, at least as an apologetic gesture to the customers. However, from what little I have played, I want to congratulate the people involved in the design and programming of the game-- it is solid!
85 Human Rogue
So if you bought a new car and it was hailing outside you would blame someone and ask everyone why you're being punished and can't drive your new car?

Your definition of punishment is just absurd. You're acting like they're singling out you and it's not an issue occurring for alot of people.
The fact that you didn't research that Diablo3 is online only before buying it, then went and complained about that very fact discredits anything you try and argue with blizzard.
So if you bought a new car and it was hailing outside you would blame someone and ask everyone why you're being punished and can't drive your new car?

Your definition of punishment is just absurd. You're acting like they're singling out you and it's not an issue occurring for alot of people.
The fact that you didn't research that Diablo3 is online only before buying it, then went and complained about that very fact discredits anything you try and argue with blizzard.

No, it would be like if you bought a new car, then drove it off the parking lot and it quit working. Learn to analogy.
Worst lie I've ever heard.

There's no way that you're some casual console gamer. The only people that say they're being punished for something is a WoW player.

I can assure you I've never played world of warcraft. I did play Warcraft 2.
73 Undead Rogue
05/15/2012 02:24 PMPosted by AsherElias
I'm not a power gamer, I bought this game on the way home from work. I've been a console gamer for 10 years because I got tired of dealing with all the issues that came with PC gaming. With a console you just put the disc in and it just works. I gave SC2 a shot and I decided to try D3 and now I find out that Blizzard locks out single player if their server is offline? How is that my fault? Why am I being punished when I just paid 60 dollars for your game because you can't figure out how to keep a server online? Why do I even need to connect to a server? Probably something to do with piracy I'm sure but basically I just got punished for paying for the game. This has really soured me on computer gaming and blizzard.

Good, then take the game back and don't ever play another Blizzard game again. Stick to your !@#$ty console games, and leave the grown up situations to the people who can handle them.
i figured it'd be both online and offline but servers are full?? so they cant count how many copies they sold??---lol
85 Draenei Shaman
I agree with both, I am a little upset that I can't play either considering its online, but the benefits of the game being online far outweigh my anger at this point, I waited 12 years to play the next chapter of Diablo, so waiting a little longer won't kill me...........I hope!
I completely agree, the idea here is if I pay for a game I expect to have no trouble launching a game and playing it as soon as I put the CD in and install it. I do not care for multplayer, this is not an MMO.

Good, then take the game back and don't ever play another Blizzard game again. Stick to your !@#$ty console games, and leave the grown up situations to the people who can handle them.

Is that the smell of lost irony I smell there?
Well if Blizz had a SP mode, they wouldn't benefit from their cut from the REAL MONEY Auction House, and ofcourse we Can't put Blizz out of any money it would be rude and show that we as a CONSUMER don't want to show our support.

Product Loyalty can be a two way street Bliz, how about a SP patch, plz?
05/15/2012 02:47 PMPosted by Cyrillic
I completely agree, the idea here is if I pay for a game I expect to have no trouble launching a game and playing it as soon as I put the CD in and install it. I do not care for multplayer, this is not an MMO.

It's a server based game. You're right. It's not an MMO. However, it still requires that your game instance be run from a server (which is down right now). Welcome to 2012. This is the model of gaming out now. Like it and enjoy it or hate it and go learn how to play bad mitten.
85 Human Death Knight
We're required to play it online for many reasons I'm sure. But for those that played the first two Diablo games, I'm sure you hated it when people hacked the !@#$ out of their characters and could walk faster than you could run with 40 walk/run speed small charms :/

So much hacking and so many ways people could exploit a hole in the code that allowed them to alter stats and even create their own equipment... Being able to play a character in single player mode required they locally store that character's information on your computer. They're not going to program the game in a way that separates the two entirely. That would take way too much time and money to make it worth it (it'd be like programming half the game a second time in a completely different way).

All the hacking, botting, and duping ruined it. So don't be mad at Blizzard, be mad at the stooges that made them make the decision to take out single player mode.
If you people actually read up on the game before buying it, you would know this was going to happen. Reading comprehension for the win. Seriously though, this kind of system is becoming the standard for the industry. Better get used to it.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]