Diablo® III

Spider Queen Questions

Anyone else play around with her? I couldn't tell if she was aoe or single target damage. If she's AOE I can see using the skill, 3 mana for 15 seconds of sustained AOE. If not, I don't think she'll be worth the skill slot. Anyone else have any thoughts?
Edited by Josh#1681 on 5/15/2012 3:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I couldn't tell what she does. When I use the spider jar I stick to the jumping spiders.
Reply Quote
It looks like she sends a crapload of spiders outwards from her to do AoE damage for 15 seconds. Though I can't tell if its better to use spider queen or leaping spiders...
Reply Quote
Using basic Corpse Spiders, you target jars at an enemy and they break and begin attacking any target near where they land. With Spider Queen, you just toss a single jar to a location, and out pops the queen and begins to pat around enemies nearby, "spraying" out tiny spiderlings that do the same damage that basic corpse spiders would do. Over 15 secs. So what you get is 15 secs of spamming spiders but you don't have to do the spamming, the queen is doing it for you while you spam other spells. Kinda neat when you think about it.
Reply Quote
PERFECT explanation, thankyou, I actually went back to corpse spiders after thinking the Queen was useless. Thanks again sir.
Reply Quote
Oh that's what she does? Sweet that actually sounds pretty cool
Reply Quote
I'm only lvl 16 but I've been using this build

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#bWZdf!b!a.a

I will prbly switch to the Spider Queen when I unlock.
Basically your plan is to snare as many enemies as you can and spam your AoE into them.
Reply Quote
74 Goblin Rogue
ya, but it doesnt look like the spiders have been doing much if any damage coming from spider queen. jumping seems to be way way more damage
Reply Quote
05/15/2012 06:17 PMPosted by Discocakes
ya, but it doesnt look like the spiders have been doing much if any damage coming from spider queen. jumping seems to be way way more damage

Spider Queen solo is less damage but after casting it you can then cast other spells for 15 seconds resulting in a net DPS gain.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]