Diablo® III

Problems installing Diablo3 (enGB and enUS)

I downloaded the European English installer/launcher which then downloaded 7.6 GB. I then was prompted to install. So I clicked it, chose a different target directory (because my C: has only 9 GB), and after clicking "agree" I was given an error window:
"An unexpected error has occurred while trying to install. Please try again or contact Customer Support."

So I tried everything:
I deleted the files that were downloaded by the Blizzard Launcher and re-downloaded them again.
Didn't work.
I also restarted my computer, and tried again.
Didn't work.
I also tried to run the installation as administrator (Right click ---> Run as administrator).
All has failed.

So I then tried to download the US English version of the installer.
Weird - for some reason it is 31 MB (Diablo-III-Setup-enUS.exe), while the European version is 7 MB (Diablo-III-Setup-enGB.exe), hmmmmm...

Anyhow, the US version doesn't download new files for some reason, and goes straight to installation. I think it somehow finds the files I used with the European version (???).
I might have created some weird conflict... idunno..
Anyhow, the US English installation also fails with:
"Failed to download a required file. Please check you internet connection and try again."
I don't have any internet problems. This simply can't be the problem.

Anyone??
THANKS!
Reply Quote
Hi,

I've got the same issue as you. I took the same steps and got the same results.
I'm sure they will come up with a solution soon as I expect we are not the only ones with this problem.
Reply Quote
I have the same problem with:
05/15/2012 05:43 AMPosted by aaagever
"An unexpected error has occurred while trying to install. Please try again or contact Customer Support."

Dont know what to do.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]