Diablo® III

Do you think Harvest is BnB for farm builds?

Seems like the damage buff is too good to leave out. My current staples are Dire-Bats/Bombs/Grasp/Harvest, and a 5 charge Harvest gives an insane dps boost. Will need to switch it up for any 1v1 boss of course.
Reply Quote
Don't need to switch it for bosses, almost every boss has a minion part where you can stack up.
Reply Quote
05/15/2012 07:59 AMPosted by Kamaji
Seems like the damage buff is too good to leave out. My current staples are Dire-Bats/Bombs/Grasp/Harvest, and a 5 charge Harvest gives an insane dps boost. Will need to switch it up for any 1v1 boss of course.

Don't really need to switch it for a 1v1 boss as long as you're safe about it. 1v1 it's still a 30-second-duration ~30 intellect boost, which is a 30% damage buff, which is huge.

A 5-stack is orgasmic and ideal, but the buff itself is quite powerful. Unless I misread the tooltip.

And yes, it currently (only level 16) feels like my damage is just too terrible when I leave out SH.
Reply Quote
84 Tauren Druid
05/15/2012 07:59 AMPosted by Kamaji

Soul Harvest is risk/reward.

Risk: Get up close to enemies, sacrifice a skill slot for more utility/damage abilities or CC.

Reward: Large Damage (and resistance) Boost.

It has a powerful effect (and can be very useful), but there will be situations that will make it a bad idea to use, as you have to run into almost melee range to use it.

TL;DR:
Powerful? Most certainly.
Must Have? Definitely not.
Utility > Raw Damage (In many cases, especially Hardcore)
If you have room in your build though, go for it. It's a great skill!

Edit: Noticed "for Farm Builds" in title.. If you're farming an area you know well, and can handle with the other 5 skills you have without problems, yes, this would be a BnB (but maybe not in Hardcore) as it would dramatically increase your farm rate.
Edited by Randomorph#1252 on 5/15/2012 8:27 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I can't seem to choose between Soul Harvest and Horrify in my build;

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#aSYVTX!ZdT!bccbac

Horrify + Ruthless Terror = Escape spell and mana
Soul Harvest + Siphon = Dmg + heal

Hmm, difficult.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]