Diablo® III

Diablo 3 cant get to the launcher?

85 Orc Death Knight
I bought a physical copy of it, and its been stuck on updating setup files for about 12 hours now, ive read all of the stickies on here and none of them have fixed the problem, any suggestions? My pc is fairly new and quite fast so is my internet connection, what could be the problem? Am i just not patient enough? The progress bar hasnt moved from like 35% in 12 hours.
Edited by Muh on 5/15/2012 8:30 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
Bump Any help at all would be greatly appreciated, is anyone else having this problem? Ive been at it for about 12 hours now, ive tried shutting down all my firewalls and what not, even starting the secondary logon file.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
bumb
Reply Quote
This is likely caused by disabling secondary logon.

To attempt the fix, do the following:
  • Exit the installer.
  • Hit Win+R to open the 'Run' dialog.
  • Enter 'services.msc' and click on OK.
  • Scroll down the list to find 'Secondary Logon', right-click and go into Properties.
  • Set the Startup Type to 'Automatic' and press the 'Start' button below.
  • Launch the installer again.
Reply Quote
I have had the same problem for the same length of time. I tried from the CD, from the download, I even copied the CD to the HD. All stop in the same area after never getting the game files installed.

Blizzard Launcher.888 folder in the installation directory continues to rewrite itself. It becomes Blizzard Launcher.888.temp & Blizzard Launcher.888.trash throughout this cycle.

Under the Setup folder, the log files read this repeatedly until I close and try again:

2012/05/15 14:31:44.601 - Bootstrapper Stage: INSTALL_CLIENT
2012/05/15 14:31:44.601 - Registering client at 'C:\ProgramData\Battle.net\Client' to agent.
2012/05/15 14:31:44.606 - Bootstrapper Stage: UPDATE_CLIENT
2012/05/15 14:31:44.606 - Checking patch for Client.
2012/05/15 14:31:44.856 - Blizzard Launcher is up-to-date.
2012/05/15 14:31:44.856 - Bootstrapper Stage: LAUNCH_CLIENT
2012/05/15 14:31:44.856 - Agent launching Client to install diablo3_enus.
2012/05/15 14:31:45.277 - Failed to launch Blizzard Launcher executable.
2012/05/15 14:31:45.293 - Bootstrapper Stage: EXTRACT_CLIENT
2012/05/15 14:31:45.300 - Verifying Client.
2012/05/15 14:31:45.306 - Extracting Agent.
2012/05/15 14:31:46.413 - Extracting Agent.
2012/05/15 14:31:47.505 - Extracting Agent.
2012/05/15 14:31:48.598 - Extracting Agent.
2012/05/15 14:31:49.702 - Could not verify an extracted version of Client.
2012/05/15 14:31:49.702 - Bootstrapper Stage: INSTALL_CLIENT
2012/05/15 14:31:49.702 - Registering client at 'C:\ProgramData\Battle.net\Client' to agent.
2012/05/15 14:31:49.716 - Bootstrap::run exited.
2012/05/15 14:31:49.774 - Work complete.
2012/05/15 14:31:49.790 - Closing logs.
Edited by DoubleTap#1944 on 5/15/2012 11:34 AM PDT
Reply Quote
This worked for me...

Start the Diablo setup file. While it is trying to update, start up taskmanager (Ctrl+Alt+Del), and click the Processes tab and close the agent.exe file.

Now go to your agent file. In Windows 7 my agent file is located in C:\ProgramData\Battle.net\Agent. Note: these folders are hidden so you will have to change your folder options to "Show hidden files, folders, and drives".
Now start the agent file from the Battle.net directory. If Diablo gets stuck again, repeat this... I had to repeat this a few times (close the agent.exe file in task manager and restart it from the Battle.net folder...

I hope this works for you...
Reply Quote
When i click on Diablo III Setup.exe it runs checking for uptade then it close itself and nothing.. no luncher opens .... i can clicked on Diablo III Setup.exe so many times and still nothing ... i checked Secondary Logon and its on automatic i do many options in this forum and still nothing. can u help me please ? why blizzard must do that **** installer ? why u dont do normal game as wow or warcraft and must do that ***** with agent !!! thanks to every 1 who help me
Reply Quote
70 Blood Elf Rogue
This worked for me...

Start the Diablo setup file. While it is trying to update, start up taskmanager (Ctrl+Alt+Del), and click the Processes tab and close the agent.exe file.

Now go to your agent file. In Windows 7 my agent file is located in C:\ProgramData\Battle.net\Agent. Note: these folders are hidden so you will have to change your folder options to "Show hidden files, folders, and drives".
Now start the agent file from the Battle.net directory. If Diablo gets stuck again, repeat this... I had to repeat this a few times (close the agent.exe file in task manager and restart it from the Battle.net folder...

How exactly do you start your "agent" file. I run as amin and double click and it does nothing.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
Also, im trying to authenticate my key code online and it says its invalid, ive checked and checked again the key is entered correctly, wtf is this !@#$? I payed good money for this program and i cant even play it? Im seeing lots of people saying it wont run on there operating system either, windows vista.
Reply Quote
To see if the agent.exe file is running again, go back into the taskmanager (Ctrl+Alt+Del) and listed under the Processes tab should be the agent.exe file. That shows you it is running again... you can leave the task manager open after you stop the agent.exe file.
Reply Quote

How exactly do you start your "agent" file. I run as amin and double click and it does nothing.

Go into C:\ProgramData\Battle.net\Agent\Agent.### (the highest number is probably the one you want). It runs in the background, so you won't see it unless you're watching the Processes tab of task manager (if you sort by name it should be one of the top few processes) . Killing agent.exe and re-running it manually seems to make things start working with a number of the bugs I've worked through. I've had to kill and restart both that and the launcher a number of times. Finally things worked. If anything seems to freeze for too long (process isn't using the CPU and the memory it's using doesn't change), I'd kill one of the two programs and run it again. Eventually I got to where I could run the game. Still haven't played bc the servers are down, but it's progress.
Reply Quote
Thanks Cremice for the added help for others, hopefully this will help.

For anyone who can't find the agent.exe do this...when you are in the task manager just right click the agent.exe file and choose "Open File Location" before you stop it. This will open the folder that the agent is in...
Reply Quote
Dude, I tried everything... been mad for 12 hours... Bravo, it's installing now !

Some task switcher activated then I got the install menu !

Game installed and loaded

This worked for me...

Edited by DoubleTap#1944 on 5/15/2012 12:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Dude, when I'm in Task Manager, there I only see The Diablo III setup, there is no agent.exe under processes. Also when I run the Agent Application (Run as Administrator) in the Agent.### folder, nothing happens still. Please Help!
Reply Quote
DeathsHand try this:

Delete your C:\ProgramData\Battle.net folder.

Delete your C:\ProgramData\Blizzard Entertainment\Battle.net Cache folder.

And then run Setup again...
Reply Quote
Tried it a few times, still not working.
Reply Quote
This might work:

When you begin installing, pull up your task manager.

If you only have Blizzard Launcher.exe*32 (and/or) Agent.exe
right click and go to properties, from there go to the compatibility tab and make certain that for both processes you DO NOT HAVE "Run this program in compatibility mode" checked.

You probably don't, but just check to see...
Reply Quote
It's not checked. Also after I run the setup, I watch and never see an Agent.exe under Processes
Reply Quote
My thought here is that you have another program (AntiVirus...) that is preventing the agent file to run. Disable what ever antivirus program you have and try to install Diablo again.
Reply Quote
its been disabled already, I was on the phone with Blizzard and they couldn't get it fixed. After a while, the said they would update my ticket, try to restart, and call again it problems occur. I figured it was their way of saying they didn't know what was wrong.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]