Diablo® III

Launcher wants me to install game everytime

So I installed the game from the DVD and whenever I launch the game it wants me to install it again, so if the DVD is in, it will do it and go straight 100%. If it is not in it just tells me there are no installation files found. Please help.
Reply Quote
59 Undead Death Knight
Have you tried launching Diablo III Launcher from your Diablo III folder instead of... whatever you're running?
Reply Quote
same here. I don't get it? everytime I want to play i have to go through the set up on the disc. I cannot just click on any of the icons for the start up.
Reply Quote
59 Undead Death Knight
Your .agent.db within the Diablo III folder is either broken or the Agent is unable to read it due to a permission issue. (Deleting the file would not help)
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I'm having the exact same issue, except with the digital download. I was able to get in once this morning, but when trying to login for the second time, the launcher only brought up the installation buttons.
Reply Quote
same problem
Reply Quote
Same issue. At first didn't even have desktop icon. Only cd in icon. Looked for launcher, found it wants an install. For kicks i clicked it, said it cannot found the required data. Ejected disc re-inserted, wanted an install. And here I am...all of this after the servers went offline like 30 min ago. Anyone figure this out yet?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
same here worked when i first loaded game now that i logged cant get back in when i click on launcher.....install menu comes up then i get a data required for this game is not loaded
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
KOS
I am having the same exact problem. I bought the digital version, I played it once, I tried to play it again but instead, the launcher for installing it appeared... I have tried almost every solution I could find but none work. Somebody please tell me if you find a working solution.
Reply Quote
I am also having this issue, should i delete it all then re-install?.I feel i should have waited instead of getting it day one,thats a shame.
Reply Quote
59 Undead Death Knight
If you moved the launcher out of the Diablo III folder, move it back.

Once the file is back in the correct folder, right click the launcher and click on 'Make alias' then drag the alias to your desktop.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
If you moved the launcher out of the Diablo III folder, move it back.

Once the file is back in the correct folder, right click the launcher and click on 'Make alias' then drag the alias to your desktop.

Had the same problem and did what Barthus said here. Now it works and is ready to play! thank you very much Barthus!!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]