Diablo® III

how to kill the skeleton king

can any1 advise on how to kill the skeleton king had been dead afew times thanx
Reply Quote
Back off when he is about to swing his weapon. Just kite him and he is easy.
Reply Quote
He always does the same 2-3 moves. But the easiest one to spot (which happens to be the deadliest) is always preceded by an evil laughter (by the King). Just move away when that happens, he's about to do his whirlwind attack.

Other than that, it's a pretty easy fight.
Reply Quote
thanx pal
Reply Quote
86 Undead Mage
I only beat him once and that was on my witch doctor.
Advice I can provide:
If low on health switch to returned mobs for health orbs.
Move away after he teleports because he comes out swinging.
Last thing I can help you with try and stay behind him he only swings forward a couple times then teleports somewhere else.

Hope this helps
Reply Quote
Good luck on Butcher. You should probably play Softcore for awhile.
Reply Quote
they're trolling...
Reply Quote
God, I hope so.
Reply Quote
I basically stood there spamming my Poison Dart... never even came close to dieing lol. I even let him hit me.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warrior
In such an obvious troll thread, is actually answering the question also trolling? I'm so confused.
Reply Quote
Why is my Wizard moving so slowly while in the Crypt of the Skeleton King? Has anyone else experienced that? Keeping distance from the King is a good idea which I figured out too. But I cannot do that. Just cannot run away, the Wizard moves slowly and I soon loose control over her.
Reply Quote
The Skeleton King fight (spoiler alert)

Step 1.) Locate the Skeleton King in the room you are in.
This is simultaneously the hardest and most important part of the fight, but with a little luck, you'll find him.

Step 2.) Position the Skeleton King on your screen. If he wanders off your screen, repeat step 1.

Step 3.) Find an attack on your hotbar and push it. You'll most likely need to repeat this step until the Skeleton King is dead. Stop only to repeat step 1.

Step 4.) Profit.

Now, I understand this game is harder than wow. I'm sure there will be addons soon that show you who the boss is and give visual/auditory indicators as to when the boss is going to move, or attack. They'll hopefully add a way to show you where to stand that isn't in front of the boss until you die.

I understand the fly by the seat of your pants nature of the game can be scary for many Blizzard fans. But with some hard work, my guide, and reviewing hundreds of youtube videos, you too can beat the first half of act 1 normal.

Worst case scenario, you can take a break until Blizzard allows addons and macros for your characters so you don't have to play the game.
Edited by Esher#1113 on 6/4/2012 6:17 AM PDT
Reply Quote

This is simultaneously the hardest and most important part of the fight, but with a little luck, you'll find him.

Step 2.) Position the Skeleton King on your screen. If he wanders off your screen, repeat step 1.

Step 3.) Find an attack on your hotbar and push it. You'll most likely need to repeat this step until the Skeleton King is dead. Stop only to repeat step 1.

Step 4.) Profit.

Now, I understand this game is harder than wow. I'm sure there will be addons soon that show you who the boss is and give visual/auditory indicators as to when the boss is going to move, or attack. They'll hopefully add a way to show you where to stand that isn't in front of the boss until you die.

I understand the fly by the seat of your pants nature of the game can be scary for many Blizzard fans. But with some hard work, my guide, and reviewing hundreds of youtube videos, you too can beat the first half of act 1 normal.

Worst case scenario, you can take a break until Blizzard allows addons and macros for your characters so you don't have to play the game.

This made my morning.
Reply Quote
Even on Inferno, he's super easy and you can take a few hits from him.
Reply Quote
Third times a charm...
Reply Quote
Here is a Tutorial on how to beat Skeleton King on Normal difficulty in Hardcore mode

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXOYC_sBPVg
Reply Quote

Step 4.) Profit.

Best post I've read :D
Reply Quote
When he goes incorporeal and starts spinning attack, run away.

When he points and starts charging up, run away.

When he isnt' doing those things, kill him. He can be stunned. He can be kited if you are a range class. If you are melee class make sure to bring an AOE to kill his adds as they will give you health globes.

If you're still having trouble, try playing with a friend, or levelling a bit further.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]