Diablo® III

Simple "N3WB" ?'s from a non D1/D2'er.

Obviously I am posting here because I am a WD and my questions are relevant only to that Character.

1. Are bows and things relevant to me what so ever? I find a lot of weapons with magical bonus's and stuff on them (chance to heal, do fire damage, etc).

2. If the answer to the last question is true, but it does not affect my magic: How do I do white damage or shoot with said bow?

3. Is there any talent system or "rune" system other than skill tree?

4. Spiders? Should I use this as my main spammer? I like how they stack :).

Thanks all! No trolls, due to the fact I stated I was a noob.
Reply Quote
Also, is the play ability comparable to an MMO do to the fact that the replays are hopefully similar to Borderlands? Where the gear gets better each time, with each difficulty? Or when you move on to a new difficulty do you have to make a new character?
Reply Quote
1. Any weapon you can equip is relevant to you, as attacks are based on your weapon damage. I don't know if WD can equip bows though.

2. There is no white damage/auto attack. All you'll be doing are the spells on your bars.

3. No

4. Personal preference. So far I'm liking spiders more than the poison dart or frogs
Reply Quote
LeechLord:

Thanks!

Back to "1", I can equip bows, and I got one that does what appears to be lightning damage. Should I use this or any weapons similar to it?
Reply Quote
84 Tauren Druid
Obviously I am posting here because I am a WD and my questions are relevant only to that Character.

1. Are bows and things relevant to me what so ever? I find a lot of weapons with magical bonus's and stuff on them (chance to heal, do fire damage, etc).

2. If the answer to the last question is true, but it does not affect my magic: How do I do white damage or shoot with said bow?

3. Is there any talent system or "rune" system other than skill tree?

4. Spiders? Should I use this as my main spammer? I like how they stack :).

Thanks all! No trolls, due to the fact I stated I was a noob.

1. You can use any weapon or item that does not have an X on it. Weapon damage is directly calculated into your spell damage, and weapon attack speed is used for casting speed. (Damage over time spells get a bonus damage from attack speed as well as weapon damage)

2. There is no reason you should ever need to use a non-skill attack, but if you want to, go to Options -> Gameplay -> "Elective Mode" (or something similar), then set your left click to "Poison Dart", then set your right click skill to "Poison Dart". You will now have a left click weapon attack.

3. There is a rune system. You will start to unlock them at level 6. You will also unlock passives at level 10.

4. There is no should. Use what you like. Poison Dart with [Splinters] rune is nice until you get the [Leaping Spiders] rune for Corpse spiders however, if you want to keep spiders.

Also, is the play ability comparable to an MMO do to the fact that the replays are hopefully similar to Borderlands? Where the gear gets better each time, with each difficulty? Or when you move on to a new difficulty do you have to make a new character?

Additional Question:
When you complete normal, you replay the game with the same character, better gear, strong monsters, etc. And the same goes for Nightmare, then Hell, with Inferno being the last nearly impossible difficulty with godly gear.

Back to "1", I can equip bows, and I got one that does what appears to be lightning damage. Should I use this or any weapons similar to it?

Additional Question 2:
Apparently any "on hit effect" on items translate themselves into many of your spells. Feel free to use what you like. Apparently % chance to stun/slow/etc.. are very potent when mixed with Corpse Spiders.
Edited by Randomorph#1252 on 5/15/2012 3:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Pardon me. It's about number four. It is personal preference as long as you can accept that the spiders will attack whatever they damn well please. The darts will hit the first thing in their path, usually that is what you clickied on.

As for number one and the bows. If you use poison dart (or even better, splintering darts) I do believe the lightning damage will be carried by them. Can't say the same for the spiders, though I haven't used them enough to find out.
Reply Quote
I believe the way it works is that you'll just have to find some balance between damage rating and attack speed. Those are the important parts, really. Just the white numbers.
If it says like 8-11, then below that, in blue it says +1-3 lightning damage" that 1-3 is already accounted for in the 8-11, as far as I know.

The bigger the damage on your weapon, the harder your spells will hit.
The faster the attack speed, the faster you will cast.
Reply Quote
Poison Dart with the splinters rune is your best primary until you get the red exploding bull frogs for your toads.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]