Diablo® III

Build at level 18

I just unlocked the fire toads or whatever they are but what should my main damage setup be? I have been using bats mostly with darts but can't decide if I should change to frogs. I'll be honest.. I have no idea what I am doing out there.

As far as soul harvest, whenever I run into a group to do it I end up taking a lot of damage. That or I forget to use it all together. Any guidance for a good set up for my level?

Thanks
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Paladin
I've found getting soul harvest off, is a case of running into the pack, making a quick U-turn, wait till helpers aggro, run back in, then cast it. You can't go straight in, or you'll lose half your HP.

Personally, I am having a blast using firebomb and dire bats. They are my 2 most spammed abilities. Firebomb is like a ghetto dart, but when there are loads of mobs, it does fantastically well.

I have personally found using the zombie charger to be a bit risky (having to be really close to cast), and the frogs just plain unreliable as they go wherever they hell THEY feel like.

But yeah, the trick I found out, run in, see the mobs move to you, run back fast. That way you are generally out of the firing line, and then you just need to make a quick dart back in, and then go to town with direbats.

I personally use firebomb and direbats. The aoe from them is too good to give up.
Reply Quote
Aren't the frogs quite a bit shorter range than the darts? If you didn't Dire rune your bats you'd be all short range attacks and well, no time to wear down the enemy. That's a lot of dps required in ten feet to keep them off you.

Get a decent damage dagger and try splintering darts. Or chuck some spiders? If you throw em ahead a bit (shift + left click) you'd get some range on enemies. Either one you can kinda get em offscreen a bit if you fire ahead.

At that level I ended up with the templar to heal me, it helped til I got used to herding again for soul harvest. Actually just herd them around the templar.
Reply Quote
Yeah I agree with ^. I learned to just run just close enough to be in range for soul harvest then run back and do grasp of the dead then dire bat them all to death.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]