Diablo® III

grey screen/error

i put the disc in installed the game didn't seem to have any issues it went to 100% i click on play it begins to load then it turns into a "windowed" grey screen and on my start bar there is an error pop up and then nothing happens after that. It does not say any numbers with the error popup ie error 108 and i can not find any posts as of yet with info helping me correct the problem. Also i downloaded all the most update drivers for my computer and updated windows 7 with all the updates available
Reply Quote
i seem to have found the problem...unsupported video card
Reply Quote
Well, discovered my video card is on the Not Supported List:
NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GS 512MB

http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/diablo-iii-unsupported-video-card-list

I did find a work around but game play is horrible...lags alot. Looks like I'm going to have to invest in geting a new video card. Here's the trick:

Verify game is not running.

Inside the folder libraries/documents/diablo III there is a file named "d3prefs.txt". Open it. (There are other places it could be. For example, C:\Users\*YOUR USERNAME*\Documents\Diablo III ... just use Windows search to find d3prefs.txt )

Change:
- DisableTrilinearFiltering "1" (from 0 to 1)
- HardwareClass "1" (from 0 to 1)

Save the file and close it.

Start game.
Reply Quote
i did that then the screen turned grey (again) and 2 sec after black/purple screen with sound and mouse showing........... god i kinda hate when i've spend 60 Euros on a game i cant play....
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]