Diablo® III

Purchase digital copy and send as gift?

85 Gnome Priest
I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, but I didn't know where else to ask.

Is it possible to purchase another digital copy of D3 and gift it to a friend of mine through my own account?

It says from my battle.net that my license limit has been reached. But I want to purchase a copy for a RL friend.
Reply Quote
I also am trying to do this and encountering the same problem. Want to gift someone a digital edition but it tells me I cant
Reply Quote
Same. Hey Blizzard, we want to make you more money. How about a hand here?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
It's a shame this is yet to be resolved I want to sent my friend a copy also.
Reply Quote
damn i hope this get fixed or something well they would get more money out of it :/
Reply Quote
actually what you can do is.

Create a B.net account for him and use that B.net account to buy the digital copy.

after you have done then just give your friend the b.net account

Hope this helps.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
My friend already has a bnet account. How can I buy the game and gift it to them? I tried to buy it from my account (after reading the store faqs about gifting) and it brought me to my games page and said I had the maximum number of licenses.
Reply Quote
Ditto - in the same boat - want to gift a copy to someone who already has a Battlenet account so the option of creating a Battlenet account for them and they buying it in that account and then giving them the Battlenet account won't work
Reply Quote
This has been a pretty big feature on Steam. I'm surprised more companies have not caught on. Not even EA, with it's insistence on using a competitive digital downloader, has implemented it as an option.

There's nothing greater than being able to buy a digital copy for a friend, instantly sending it to their account, and the next time they check their email it alerts them. Actually, Steam is even better, because a notification pops up when they sign into the service. Instant gratification.

If it's not already obvious, I came upon this thread because I was hoping to find an option to do this via Battle.net as well. It's sad to see that this is not something Blizzard has tapped into yet.
Edited by Fanible#1278 on 5/20/2012 12:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
ditto
Reply Quote
Hi, I'm adding votes to the request for a Gift system.
I want to buy a copy for my brother, but I couldn't find an easy way to do it =S
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
having the same issues here ....
Can't go grab a physical copy for a friend in canada ... lot easier to gift digitially
I know its doable since the wow pets can be gifted
Reply Quote
same here. we used a guest pass for my wife and to upgrade is $30 more than if I purchase a retail digital copy. go figure......so tired of this BS aussie tax for stuff that costs you nothing extra to sell over the internet
Reply Quote
bump. blizzard / battle.net needs a proper gift system
Reply Quote
Wow, is this a joke? This hasn't been resolved yet? I want to get a digital copy as a surprise gift for my brother, but it would appear I can't... Ridiculous.
Reply Quote
Uuuuuugh. WE DEMAND MORE GIFTING ABILITIES. Ridiculous that I can't surprise my dad with a game because I have to have him setup the account with me...
Reply Quote
I was hoping to do this as well. there really isn't a way this can be done? =/
Reply Quote
Actually, and I'm not saying I actually did this, because it could violate some user agreement stuff, but what if hypotetically, my friend were to give me his bnet account and password, so that i can then login using that, make the purchase on his account, and just log off after deleting any CC or payment info from being saved in the account?

Obviously a gift feature would be very nice, but if you are buying the game for a friend, i hope he should trust you enough with his bnet account...
Reply Quote
I also want to do this! Come on, Blizzard! Implement this and take my money!
Reply Quote
bump
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]