Diablo® III

Diablo 3 Choppy

Every 5-20mins the game will get really choppy on me. It'll last for about 20seconds to 1minute. I lowered all my settings and this still happens. I just don't believe that it is my computer thats causing it. Here are my specs:

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo CPU P8700 @2.53 GHz 2.53 Ghz
Ram: 6GB
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260M

Any idea? I'm running Windows 7
Reply Quote
ure on a laptop nuff said.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Check the list of unsupported vid cards. Your card may be on that list. Read carefully, it's a pretty extensive list.
Reply Quote
If you read the forums, youll see many people with choppy issues so, its hard to say. I dont have a clue what the cause is but, its most likely driver or game related.

I have a feeling some people are just getting peaked on their cpu/gpu usage and the heat will easily make some systems start getting choppy but I dont know.
Reply Quote
Same thing happens with me.
I got the same system as you heh.
GeForce GTX 260M
Intel Core Duo 2
But yeah its annoying to play with the choppyness.
Heres a related bigger forum on the topic : http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5051975289
Edited by Ckps#1287 on 5/15/2012 12:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
If you play the game before letting it download to 100% this type of thing can happen. If you're already at 100% then I don't know what your problem is, but it is at your end. I'm running near perfect.
Reply Quote
Playing on a laptop doesnt matter in my opinion, the game doesnt require that much power. My guess is that since almost everything to do with the game is server based, per the fact you have to be online to even play period, and the fact that people can start playing before their download is finished, and continue to download while playing, and all the people trying to login etc etc etc makes the server lag like hell.

I too notice the choppyness, but i cant ever consistantly get it to happen on my own so my guess is that its is lag based.
Reply Quote
My download is complete. My video card is the exact one they recommended on the box (i had it before the game came out). So I do hope it is on their end, because it's really pissing me off.
Reply Quote
I believe I know why. My computer isn't the most ideal to run D3 either. I noticed that when you're in a cave or dungeon, it doesn't become very choppy at all, but when you go outside and their is a lot of background movement, etc., then it becomes very choppy. Try setting the max FPS of your background down.
Reply Quote
Go to your sound option and choose 16 channels (lower setting), game is less choppy with that option...
Reply Quote
05/15/2012 12:28 PMPosted by Jaremo
Every 5-20mins the game will get really choppy on me. It'll last for about 20seconds to 1minute. I lowered all my settings and this still happens. I just don't believe that it is my computer thats causing it.

It's not your kit, i think the game is talking to the servers syncing/downloading stuff, I get the same issue too (and did with the beta) and then it sorts itself out again.

I just put all the settings up and stuck through it.

:)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]