Diablo® III

I bought the Disc.

So i bought the disc and i start the setup from the disc and it gets stuck. i download the installer and it gets stuck. seriously is there anything i can do? it gets stuck at updating setup files.
Edited by Eeram#1888 on 5/15/2012 1:11 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Same thing here. It made it to 77% and just died. Why am I downloading patches while the DVD is installing. I had to abort and now nothing happens. Just sitting here reading the forum.
Reply Quote
Do you have windows vista?
Reply Quote
I have windows 7 64-bit and I have the same problem.
Reply Quote
I bought the disc, can't get past "Updating Setup files..." over and over again. Tried most of the fixes listed, can't seem to work. Agent seems to be the issue.

Makes me wonder why Blizzard had to go and !@#$ up something as easy as an update program...
Reply Quote
same here.....boo blizzard boo
Reply Quote
Looks like somebody didn't do enough testing on... oh.. I don't know.. the most common operating systems?
Reply Quote
I'll second to this trouble >.<
Reply Quote
Yeah, really screwed up if we can't even use workarounds to install the launcher.
Edited by Knarral#1776 on 5/15/2012 1:33 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
try to delete your battle.net folder and relaunch the game, it will create a new folder and also be patient with it. give each attempt at least a minute or two. its an issue with the agent.exe file. there are some sites you can download a different one from and try their fix. i had the same issue and one time i was tabbed on the forums and checked back and it went through.
Reply Quote
I was going to go run out and buy a physical disc, I guess that' won't be necessary.

Well if it helps you feel better, it seems like even if you were able to install the game, you can't play because blizzard totally failed with their launch.
Edited by Jeff#1661 on 5/15/2012 1:35 AM PDT
Reply Quote
05/15/2012 01:34 AMPosted by Poizonous
try to delete your battle.net folder and relaunch the game, it will create a new folder and also be patient with it. give each attempt at least a minute or two. its an issue with the agent.exe file. there are some sites you can download a different one from and try their fix. i had the same issue and one time i was tabbed on the forums and checked back and it went through.

Did it, same thing happens.
Reply Quote
I'd like to at least be able to install the launcher so I can download the patch, though. You'd think they'd at least get that right, considering how awesome D3 is (supposed to be, but we know it'll be awesome once it finally works).

Edit: It seems for me that installing from the disk means the workarounds won't work, and the only thing to do is let it sit for 761254817326 years hoping it will finally move.
Edited by Knarral#1776 on 5/15/2012 1:37 AM PDT
Reply Quote
i was lucky bought the disk came home and installed around 1.30pm fortunately for me got it fully installed maybe its just to do with the amount of people in game and downloading etc?
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
Restart you're computer and run as admin.. Worked for me.
Reply Quote
I have tried everything on the list's everything and nothing is working. seriously this has to be the dumbest thing ever....
Reply Quote
I have restarted 3 times, run as administrator, run in compatibility with a number of different versions, deleting battle.net and the diablo iii.temp folders every time.

If it reaches 1% i'm lucky.

I have cleared my firewalls by disabling windows, and setting my router to port forward all relevant ports.

I am watching this sit and spin, and do nothing. I guess I'll run it over night.

Guess I should start checking around for the installed folder to see if I can bypass this bs.
Reply Quote
This has been a known issue for months with the beta and they never addressed it. I'm getting completely fed up with this
Reply Quote
Yup it happend to me in beta too i was just hopeing it was beta... :/
Reply Quote
Downloaded the setup from battle.net, just gonna see if I can bypass all of these problems by trying this. I'll keep you posted.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]