Diablo® III

HUGE lag and its in single player

How many Australian customers do they need before they consider us worth investing in a server for?
They have forced us to have to log in for a single player experience. People wouldn't be so mad if they could play a game they payed good money for.

This needs to be fixed as soon as possible... And even if it is fixed unless we have a server then we are always at a disadvantage to players close to the server.

I will be finding out the return policy of the store I bought the game at, and will hopefully be able to get my money back.

Should be ashamed of yourselves for forcing people to have to log in and deal with 2k latency....

Are you having a laugh? It's just over 4 hours after launch, and you are already playing the "Derp refund" card?! Really?!

Typically, not everyone who is having an 'average' experience will post here, however i would surmise that the fact it's only a small handful of people posting in regard to lag implies to me that it isn't much of an issue to the majority of the players. Perhaps you are capped? Implying Blizzard should be ashamed of the last however many years worth of work is downright rude, and single minded of you. Have you any idea of the amount of time, money, and work, that goes into making these games for people like yourself to just spit on?

The fact is, 9 times out of ten, it's a client side issue. Is your router causing issues? Is your ISP causing issues? Are you a member of an ISP that is rather popular in your country, and therefore is experiencing extreme bandwidth spanking at the moment? Try to solve the issue, and post system specs / ISP details rather than insulting the godlike developer INDIVIDUALS that made this game possible in the first place, than assuming that 'Blizzard' is some all knowing, all powerful om nom dude sitting on his !@#, willing pieces of software into existance.
Reply Quote
80 Dwarf Hunter
HaHa people crying because of lag 4 hours into launch you all obviously never played any of the wow expansions on launch they had exactly the same issues. Its Congestion issues guys give them a break ffs lol........
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Death Knight
The issue I have is there are some ppl playing with 200 and I am playing with 2000. I know because they are in vent and in Australia as well.
Reply Quote
Don't know if it my distance to the exchange but I am having no lag issues at all. Touch wood!
Reply Quote
97 Undead Rogue
Can report the same issue.

Have friends playing it with no problems at all, while the GF and I (separate connections, same ISP/Exchange) have latency bouncing between a reported 1k to 5k and nothing we do in the game has any impact for up to 45-60 seconds.

For the record, I've suffered through Blizzard launch-day for everything since Classic WoW and absolutely I'll complain when the product doesn't work for me, how else will they know?
Reply Quote
Nothing wrong with mentioning there is a problem, merely the way it is mentioned
Reply Quote
I'm in Perth and the lag is noticeable but doesn't affect the game too much. It would be much worse on the higher levels - here's hoping it's fixed up over the next few months.
Reply Quote
05/15/2012 04:32 AMPosted by Mugstein
HaHa people crying because of lag 4 hours into launch you all obviously never played any of the wow expansions on launch they had exactly the same issues. Its Congestion issues guys give them a break ffs lol........

Or people complaining about lag while playing single player. Which is a little different to a launch of an mmo title.
Edited by Acharenus#1890 on 5/15/2012 4:57 AM PDT
Reply Quote
05/15/2012 04:45 AMPosted by Dravere
Nothing wrong with mentioning there is a problem, merely the way it is mentioned

In my experience it doesn't matter how people complain there will always be those jumping out of the woodwork to leap down their throats.

Blizzards a big boy now guy they don't need white knights to protect them.
Reply Quote
Major lag for me, I've even put it on the games lowest settings and its still laggy and glitchy as anything.

I'll probably wait a week or so for blizzard to sort themselves out.
Reply Quote
Guess what? I pay for a single player i shouldn't have to worry about bloody lag now do I?

Im sitting on 800ms-2500ms unplayable.
Reply Quote
I've dropped my settings very low, pc exceeds all recommended specs but the lag is making the game unplayable. I can deal with the game requiring a constant connection despite the fact that I dont want to play online but to have a single player game unusable it not good enough. I'll give it a few days and see whether it gets fixed but if not i'll have to ask for a refund.
Reply Quote
Has everyone checked the region they are playing on?
Reply Quote
+1 for 3-4 second lag issues. Plus I get dropped about every 2-3 minutes, then have to log out then back in again.

Not really worth playing like this. And it's making me hate on the game, which I don't want to do...

Better to play it when it's running properly, so bed time methinks...
Reply Quote
40 Tauren Warrior
If you think this is how to treat your customers, I have a bag of magic beans to sell you
Reply Quote
My wife is downloading at 900k (my max is only 1.1mb) and I'm still able to play just fine o.O
Reply Quote
Given up trying to play it for now. Any official info from Blizzard on the lag problem?
Reply Quote
I am on Hughes Net and that is the only option that I have out here. So kinda fun playing D3 on it. Delays in attacks and movement were diffidently noticeable which I find still very playable up to the point I was booted out of single player for lagging too much.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]