Diablo® III

HUGE lag and its in single player

Same lag! I thought I was the only one exp this problem. At first my hero won't appear then after a min or so when I attack zombies they won't move or die and the hero will just animate attacking.

To make the long story short, its unplayable and no response at all.

Please heeeelp!
Reply Quote
Same lag! I thought I was the only one exp this problem. At first my hero won't appear then after a min or so when I attack zombies they won't move or die and the hero will just animate attacking.

To make the long story short, its unplayable and no response at all.

Please heeeelp!
Reply Quote
For me, it's like a min or so even when you exit the game it takes you around 20sec OMG
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I'm on atm and my latency is bouncing anywhere between 250-1800. its pretty much unplayable at this point. Gotta say it was a pretty failed game launch. Servers so overloaded it took 2hours to log in, finally get in and after about 2 and a half hours of game play, im lagging so much that i no enemies appear until im dead! YAAY BLIZZ
Reply Quote
I'm facing a large amount of lag as well, between 400-4000 msecs. I certainly hope that this issue will be resolved quickly. And I hope it's not indicative of my experience with Diablo 3 over the next few weeks. I had a go during the open beta weekend, and the game ran super smooth.

I don't think that this constitutes as complaining. There's an issue with the game, and I'm raising my hand as one who's experiencing it. I do have faith that Blizzard will resolve this, but getting some clear indication from them what the current situation is would be reassuring.
Reply Quote
Same here, ran beta fine no lag issues. in the beginnining last night any major action on the screen caused huge lag reminded me of being a kid playing d2 with 256 ram. now its so bad cant even shoot arrows in town
Reply Quote
I do occasionally perform 3 to 4 moves, walk away and watch the whole situation explode.
Reply Quote
Laggy here in Denmark too. I have a lot to say about this, but you probably have an idea how it goes.
Reply Quote
Here's yet another one sitting in the same boat.
Most of the time the game is unplayable for me. NPCs, enemies, blockades, whole areas .etc wont load and when they do load hit usually wont connect in combat and conversations takes minutes to load each bubble.

I'm not blaming this all on Blizzard. I understand that the servers will be and still are under a lot of stress and the Internet I have provided for me in my residential area is quite so just !@#$.

But still, I would rather enjoy being able to play the game that I have waited on for quite a long time.
Reply Quote
Well, complaining helped, cause now it's fine. I think the problem was because I started the game before my character screen had fully loaded, or something.
Edited by Egarran#2217 on 5/15/2012 7:49 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
wow all i was asking was if anyone was experiencing lag in single player, which by definition shouldn't have any lag... i think it is stupid that we are forced to play online with a single player game but i do understand it is to protect blizzards rights as game producer. i just hoped they were thoughtful enough to either
a: allow an opt out service for the auction house, waiving any items for use in multiplayer games thus allowing minimum use of the net thus allowing lag free play.
or
b: have enough servers up and running on deployment to accommodate all the players in a way to lessen the lag situation. they have experience in this with WOW so they really should have been prepared.
anyway... the lag is still there sometimes... looks to be a congestion issue see point b!!
Reply Quote
Same here. First I thought it was my computer but the Demo was working just fine few weeks ago.
Well... I guess I will just wait until Blizzard fix this. I can't see why even in Solo we have to experience lags... And I meanmore popular MMORPGs with 100s of people on screen do not lag like this...
Reply Quote
game is unplayable .. way to fail after all those videos about how exited they were..
Reply Quote
A single player game that lags??
Reply Quote
I have had the same issues I thought playing on my PC rather then my lap top would solve the issues but it seem's it does not matter. I can play a multitude of other online and MMO's and other high graphic online games with out an issue but tonight I slugged it out through 5 hours of pain staking lag with a 3-400 ms I in the end told my friend in the good ol USA I would try tomorrow.

I hope Blizzard fixes this soon, I really enjoyed D2 and I was looking forward to D3
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Sorry to see the chickens come home to roost.

We have begged Blizzard to have a work around for us people that are only interested in the single player portion of the game to have an offline mode but it has fallen on deaf ears.

Compared to most on here i had resonable ping which hovered at best 275ms to worst 700ms which was better than i thought it was going to be and the game is pretty bearable when you are clearing trash mobs.

The problem i have is when i fought the skeleton king, i was lagging badly and it was really frustrating to avoid getting hit when your char is standing there and then it fast forwards a second and you lose orientation.

Remember this is the easiest boss in normal mode, the game is going to be unplayable on higher difficulties and for us that have paid more for the right to play the game, i feel we are being shortchanged out of playing the game as intended due to the inflexibility of Blizzard and it's ridiculous online only mode.
Reply Quote
lol no lagg here.

BUT there was a couple moments where i got a 10-20 second lagg freeze up that when finished my char was dead.

this is why im not making a hardcore char at this stage o_O!
Reply Quote
My lag is about 500 ms - 1200 ms, unplayable...
Hardware: Phenom X6, 8gb, HD6990.
Connection ADSL: 15Mb Down, 1Mb Up.
South of Brazil.
Reply Quote
....and it is unacceptable. There is nothing ridiculous or rude about being upset about this situation. The last place anyone wants be is on this forum complaining about the fact they were led to believe they would be able to play this game without the worry of trivial obstacles such as lag. This game was not sold as a massively multiplayer online game, or a teat-suckling single-player game. I shouldnt have to depend on any server but my own to play alone.
There is no benefit whatsoever to playing a single player game online; There is only issue. In my own case, the issue renders the game unplayable, which renders my mind completely devoid of pleasure, which renders me confused, which renders be angry, which renders complaint, which renders my refund and further action. Some people seem to think that being upset as a result to being unable play a game properly, despite meeting every single requirement listed, is unjustifiable. That is because these same people happened to be lucky enough to meet the hidden requirements of having a low-latency internet connection. The fact is, there was not enough information given about the requirements to play Diablo 3 optimally...or just normally...I didn't know I was going to have to be connected to a 3rd party server to play alone. Its bad business. And if no one will make their voice heard of such injustices, then they should prepare to have precious moments of their finite lives plundered from their very fingertips.

LET ME PLAY OFFLINE.
Reply Quote
My lag is about 500 ms - 1200 ms, unplayable...
Hardware: Phenom X6, 8gb, HD6990.
Connection ADSL: 15Mb Down, 1Mb Up.
South of Brazil.

your hardware looks like it would run diablo3 easy i don't think it would be that whats your windows benchmark like?

your drivers are up to date though right?

anyway my bet is the servers, i was luckily enough to not receive much lagg last night playing but today it wont even connect at all im getting various errors mostly the (3003).
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]