Diablo® III

Install super slow

installing from a cd have been for an hour or more now and its at 12% ive tried restarting, deleting everything, running as admin, im all up to date (win7 64bit) nothing is working some1 plz help
Reply Quote
Mine is not taking that long but it's definitely taking it's sweet time..
Reply Quote
are you installing from disk? mine keeps spooling up and down but not doing a thing
Reply Quote
ok so now its maybe been 1 1/2 hours and its at 13% wtf is going on should i just wait?? what am i doing wrong
Reply Quote
Same here... It's annoying the crap outta me. Apparently there is a fix where you go into internet options in control panel, click the connections tab and then click on the LAN settings button below then deselect the 'Automatically detect settings' checkbox... I tried it but it didn't work. Let me know if it does for you guys...
Reply Quote
nope didnt work for me
Reply Quote
05/15/2012 04:43 AMPosted by Darkasaur
Same here... It's annoying the crap outta me. Apparently there is a fix where you go into internet options in control panel, click the connections tab and then click on the LAN settings button below then deselect the 'Automatically detect settings' checkbox... I tried it but it didn't work. Let me know if it does for you guys...

He's talking about INSTALLING, not DOWNLOADING.

Mine is uber slow as well, 4% in almost 2 hours... If this is all decryption stuff they'd better never done that just for people not playing a couple days earlier...

I hope it gets done by tomorrow afternoon (unlikely at this rate). I want to play on my day off.
Reply Quote
If its taking to long...some of you are downloading the whole 7.62 gb game file...shouldnt be taking that long at all...no more than 20mins on a 1500kbs speed internet to download and be played..!
Edited by AnonymousOne#6219 on 5/15/2012 8:43 AM PDT
Reply Quote
installation is so super slow for most people. i have been looking for it on internet and seen a lot of people complaining about it.

sad.
Reply Quote
Heh I don't mind. I started my install and I'll let it install while I go to work.

I'll be back in 12 hours so hopefully it's done by then right? ^_^
Reply Quote
Same problem here, 5% in 20 minutes now.. and ofcourse I just sit and stare at the meeter, making the wait a whole lot longer!
Reply Quote
woot i left mine and went to bed to wake and it was done YAY!! maybe it took all night i dont know, now trying to get in to the servers...
Reply Quote
I was having the same problem. I'm running on 64-bit Windows 7, on a quad core w/ 16GB of RAM and a 24x DVDR, so it's impossible it's an under-spec PC. Probably the same for most of you.

One thing I did that seems to have sped it up, was I started to think maybe I should copy the files to the HD and try installing from there. I did this while the game was installing. I figured since it appeared to be reading the drive very sporadically, this wouldn't present a major problem.

Well, when I did that, it said it would take 17 min to copy the file. I figured rather than wait 17 min for the files to copy, I'd be a little more patient on the install, so I cancelled the file copy. When I went back to check on the installer, the percentage started ticking up MUCH faster than before.

Give it a shot and see if maybe it helps... Just kind of poking in the dark here, as I'm sure most of you are as well. So to summarize: while the install is running and you're watching the grass grow, start copying all the files on the DVD to your HD somewhere, let it start copying for a minute or two, then cancel. See if that speeds things up for you at all.
Reply Quote
I'm glad I decided to go to work today instead of staying home for Diablo.

I think I would have been driven insane watching the slow install and the inability to get in to the servers...
Reply Quote
holy..... this has been quite the epic fail so far. #1 vista as usual is nothing but a pain in the !@#, took forever to update. #2 finally get it to not say uncompatible, and its been installing forever and got stuck on 12%..... i sence a sick day tomorrow......
Reply Quote
05/15/2012 08:42 AMPosted by AnonymousOne
no more than 20mins on a 1500kbs speed internet to download and be played

It'd take a little longer than that.
Closer to 85 minutes at a constant 1.5MB/s actually.
Reply Quote
The slow installation is probably due to your disc-drive , i had the same problem ( slow install ) on blizzards starcraft II ( took an hour to install ) and have the same problem with diablo III.

I looked around a bit and it seems my disc-drive has problems reading the dvd's on full speed due to the disc protection on their games.

Dont think there are any fixed for it. I can only recommend that you download the game files and install the game from those files on your HD. It should speed up your installation.
Reply Quote
Haha it realy worked. Thank you GeekLad
Edited by Wabe#1500 on 5/19/2012 7:35 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Still 1% after 1 hour!
Reply Quote
Mine took a good hour and a half I think, but it finished ok. Good luck once you get it installed though.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]