Diablo® III

Diablo 3 Black Screen When Clicking Play

Support Forum Agent
What mode do you have D3 open in? (Window, Fullscreen, Window-Fullscreen)
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
06/26/2012 02:56 PMPosted by Machkhan
What mode do you have D3 open in? (Window, Fullscreen, Window-Fullscreen)

It opens in Window mode.

As an additional note, when going from Fullscreen to Windowed mode, it does nearly the same thing. It holds a still of the screen (but with no animation), and plays music with cursor visible. I can hear when the mouse moves over any buttons, but until I change the size of the window the image does not change and I can't interact with it.
Edited by Ryegeleye#1893 on 6/26/2012 8:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I USED BOTH ONYX AND WITHOUT ONYX AND CHECKED UNDER APPLICATION SUPPORT > BLIZZARD > DIABLO III AND IN THE FILE WAS EMPTY. THERE WAS NO D3PREFS.TXT FILE ANYWHERE. I COULDN'T EVEN FIND THAT FILE IN APPLICATIONS>DIABLO III OR IN LIBRARY>APPLICATION SUPPORT> BLIZZARD> DIABLO III.

WHAT DO I DO?! I WANNA PLAY THIS GAME SO DAMN BAD!!!!!!
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
06/26/2012 08:15 PMPosted by Jooki
It opens in Window mode.

What happens when you set it to open in fullscreen mode? Black screen still?

06/28/2012 01:59 AMPosted by cheema
I USED BOTH ONYX AND WITHOUT ONYX AND CHECKED UNDER APPLICATION SUPPORT > BLIZZARD > DIABLO III AND IN THE FILE WAS EMPTY. THERE WAS NO D3PREFS.TXT FILE ANYWHERE. I COULDN'T EVEN FIND THAT FILE IN APPLICATIONS>DIABLO III OR IN LIBRARY>APPLICATION SUPPORT> BLIZZARD> DIABLO III.

Please do not post in all caps.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
It opens in Window mode.

What happens when you set it to open in fullscreen mode? Black screen still?

Please do not post in all caps.

No, if the game opens directly in fullscreen mode it works properly. There is no black screen issue whatsoever.

I understand it's not going to make it to the top of the "must investigate" issues. I could try completely reinstalling Diablo or formatting my computer and reinstalling OS X and Diablo to see if the problem persists, but since it doesn't really affect game play those are things I would rather not do.
Edited by Ryegeleye#1893 on 6/28/2012 9:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
GUys i have played it and i tried reinstalling the game and then at first time it would be normal so i changed it to windowed and i got lvl 54. after a patch i got bug and now i cant
Reply Quote
How do I even make the game play in windows mode since I cant get into options?
Reply Quote
i have the same issue with the black screen. i just launch d3 and wait 1 min @ black screen press esc and tab back into d3 then it works. messed up!
Reply Quote
This is what happened to me, all I did was click on options at the top right and clicked reset game preferences that should let you in but every time you minimize it/close it you have to do it again so in the main log in menu go to options and change it to windowed or windowed (full screen). hope it helped.
Reply Quote
Just update my GPU driver and deleted update again cos it made me balck screen... Amd radeon m4650 so this is in part at least a driver version issue or at least it was ONLY this problem for me.. after going back to 8.822.4.0 i no longer have black screen..
Reply Quote
do what the red dragon said, but also change DisplayModeWindowMode to "1"
Reply Quote
thanks man u saved my life lol
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
This worked for me:

On d3prefs change DisplayModeWindowMode from "0" to "1"

Important: Keep everything else the same
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]