Diablo® III

Language Settings Help! Language unchangeable

Just for those who didn't know, this are the small letters of the contract:

Will my interface or game language change if I switch regions?
Your game language and interface will remain the same when you change regions. If you purchased the full-language version of Diablo III, you will be able to play in all available languages in all regions. To play in a different language, you will first need to download the Diablo III game client for that language from Battle.net.
If you purchased the Korean, Russian-language-only, traditional-Chinese-language-only, or another language-limited version of Diablo III, you will only be able to switch to the languages you’ve purchased. You will, however, be able to play in all three game regions using the language you purchased. Note that the Korean-language client does not contain the real-money auction house inferface.
Reply Quote
my ticket about language issues was answered... in Korean of course

안녕하세요. XXX고객님

처음사랑~♥ 끝까지 블리자드 고객 지원팀 김하늘 입니다. (*'-⌒*)v ♡

먼저 디아블로 3 출시 이후 문의량이 급증하여 답변까지 너무나도 오랜 시간이 소요되어 정말 죄송스런 마음이네요.

고객님께서 무척이나 답답하셨을텐데요. 당시 빠르게 요청에 대한 답변 드리지 못해서 마음이 무겁습니다 ㅠ_ㅜ

현재 배틀넷 계정의 경우 각 국가별로 지역 서비스를 진행하고 있는데요. 이로 인해 고객님께서 어느 지역의 계정을 이용하는지에 따라 언어 지원 여부도 달라질 수 있습니다.

정말 안타깝게도 한국 배틀넷 계정을 이용하시는 경우 국내법이나 심의 문제로 인해 디아블로 3를 영문으로 즐기실 수는 없게 되어 있으며, 한글판으로만 플레이가 가능합니다.

영문판으로 즐기시고자 한다면 고객님께서 직접 타 지역의 배틀넷 계정으로 해당 국가 제품을 이용해 주셔야 하며, 이 부분에 대해서는 국내 기준과 다른 부분으로 인해 고객지원팀에서 정확히 안내드리기 어렵다는 점 양해를 부탁드립니다.

꼭 필요하셔서 요청해 주셨을텐데 좋은 소식 전해드리지 못해 죄송합니다.

감사합니다

--- my limited knowledge of the language tells me that they put the responsibility on Korean regulations (!). Any help for translation is appreciated :)
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5151715654?page=1
read this lol
and for

my ticket about language issues was answered... in Korean of course

안녕하세요. XXX고객님

처음사랑~♥ 끝까지 블리자드 고객 지원팀 김하늘 입니다. (*'-⌒*)v ♡

먼저 디아블로 3 출시 이후 문의량이 급증하여 답변까지 너무나도 오랜 시간이 소요되어 정말 죄송스런 마음이네요.

고객님께서 무척이나 답답하셨을텐데요. 당시 빠르게 요청에 대한 답변 드리지 못해서 마음이 무겁습니다 ㅠ_ㅜ

현재 배틀넷 계정의 경우 각 국가별로 지역 서비스를 진행하고 있는데요. 이로 인해 고객님께서 어느 지역의 계정을 이용하는지에 따라 언어 지원 여부도 달라질 수 있습니다.

정말 안타깝게도 한국 배틀넷 계정을 이용하시는 경우 국내법이나 심의 문제로 인해 디아블로 3를 영문으로 즐기실 수는 없게 되어 있으며, 한글판으로만 플레이가 가능합니다.

영문판으로 즐기시고자 한다면 고객님께서 직접 타 지역의 배틀넷 계정으로 해당 국가 제품을 이용해 주셔야 하며, 이 부분에 대해서는 국내 기준과 다른 부분으로 인해 고객지원팀에서 정확히 안내드리기 어렵다는 점 양해를 부탁드립니다.

꼭 필요하셔서 요청해 주셨을텐데 좋은 소식 전해드리지 못해 죄송합니다.

감사합니다

--- my limited knowledge of the language tells me that they put the responsibility on Korean regulations (!). Any help for translation is appreciated :)

it says that we can purchase from korea and register it to a non korean account to play english,
this is false.
I have an account in New Zealand, and got a korean key registered to this,
all I could do was download Korean client.
I also tried borrowing CD from a friend who bought one in NZ and tried loging in but it gives an error_83/error 83.
currently blizzard still hasnt given us any answers to this.
Reply Quote
I am not Korean! I want English version. Please fix this.
Reply Quote
Well I live in Belgium. We have 3 national languages here. I'm screwed...
Reply Quote
I seriously hope Blizzard does something regarding this issue, i'm from Mexico and I bought the retail version because I wanted to have the disk and the box, but I really prefer the original audio and I don't like the names of weapons and armors in spanish, lets cross our fingers that Blizzard solves this issue it doesn't seem to be fair :(
Reply Quote
Please file a petition at www.diabloclaim.com

Also, send tickets/complaints to Blizzard.
Reply Quote
I'm having the same problem. Please let me know once you've figured out the solution. Thanks!
Reply Quote
6 Blood Elf Priest
What is the point of these language restrictions? I understand from reading a blue post or two that this problem seems to be limited to those who purchased a *physical* copy of the game, and that digital copies are unaffected.

But why??? It makes no sense to me at all.
Reply Quote
06/15/2012 09:06 AMPosted by Ombre
limited to those who purchased a *physical* copy of the game, and that digital copies are unaffected.

from what Ive heard digital copies in Korea are also affected.
Reply Quote
I've requested my right to select my language and enjoy original contents to Blizzard.
I got the answer like below.

Still it's freak and ridiculous.
I think I CAN play and enjoy D3 in English because I bought the North American version by $160.01 including the shipping cost.
I just can use this game just in Korean due to a Korean account.

======================================================

Hello,

If that didn't work, I cannot think of another way for you to get the US game client installed. I believe this is due to the Korean restrictions on the Real Money Auction House, as you mentioned, but there is no way for me to help you fix that. I would recommend making a suggestion on our forums to add an English language pack to all regions. While Global Play makes it possible to play in all regions, your game client will determine the language options available to you, and due to local regulations, we are not able to offer all game clients in all regions.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to reply and let us know. Happy gaming!

Account & Technical Services Rep Chiyriu
Customer Services
Blizzard Entertainment
www.blizzard.com/support
Reply Quote
74 Draenei Paladin
Really Blizzard!

Give me a break!
I understand having to go online to play a SINGLE player game, to avoid hacking and all, but LANGUAGE!?
I bought my game in Brazil, my home country, and now my English boyfriend can't enjoy the game, I mean, stop being so greedy and let people play with the language they like, or at least charge the same price in all the countries ( if that's such a big problem!).
Now I'll think twice before purchasing any Blizzard games, no matter how big the franchise, and you may be sure that Mists of Pandaria will never step a foot in this house.

Thank you very much Blizzard!

P.S.: Tried writing a ticket to at least ask the reason for the laguage block, but it's SO much bureaucracy to send a Diablo III ticket that I gave up! Worst R$100 spent in my life!
Reply Quote
Heyy Blizzard!

The efforts i put to play D3 so far is equal many days and loss of money...Now i am a foreigner and can not play it in far east bec of language restrictions, i will never buy again any blizzard game even it is D3, damn to my well paid money...the worst paid $100 in my life...may u ever suffer...
Reply Quote
I have a question, when I'm in game and want to chat to other players for some reason the chat language is typing in chinese characters instead of english. How do I change this setting?
Reply Quote
the client does not match the account's native language. please use the game original client error 84.

i buy D3 here in taiwan.but i leave in philippines and i'm here in taiwan working...

please help me about this error...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]