Diablo® III

Are you able to re-run bosses for gear?

90 Pandaren Hunter
Like in Diablo 2, you could host a new game and re-run bosses. I can't see this option in game, its either Resume Game, join a public game or start the quest again which tells me it will overwrite my game. Does this mean that i will lose the xp/gear etc. from killing belial previously?

I will be pretty bummed out if you cant do this, i used to love doing andariel/mephisto/baal runs for gear back in the day.

It also seems you cant go back to previous content without overwriting your game, for example in d2 you could take waypoints straight to previous acts, this doesn't seem to be a possiblity in D3.
Edited by dblstR#1535 on 5/15/2012 9:32 AM PDT
Reply Quote
You can re-run bosses, all you have to do is start the quest agian (or a checkpoint closer to the boss as it would be quicker) and kill them again.

When it says it overwrites your game it just means that the quest in the storyline you are up to will be reset, meaning that you will have to begin that quest from the beginning instead of the last checkpoint you were up to but other than that I don't think it affects you or your gear that you have already found
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
I ended up joining a public game and soloing the boss and it dropped blues, is it true that the bosses will no longer re-drop better then blue quality loot?
Reply Quote
ive tried it several times, they dont drop anything more than blue on re-runs
Reply Quote
I concur with Harlz. They want to have that 'epic' feel when you beat a boss for the first time, so repeat attempts don't offer decent rewards. I've even beaten bosses and found only whites. Just keep pushing forward, it's better value.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]