Diablo® III

Mac desktop shifts after game exit

85 Tauren Druid
Hello. I'm using a 2009 iMac running OSX 10.7.3 and after exiting the Diablo 3 client, the icons on my desktop are shifting. They appear to be about 3 inches above where they should be, but I can click the area where they're supposed to be to use them.

My girlfriend is using a new 2012 iMac and had the same problem.

Let me know what other information you need :)
Reply Quote
I have this problem as well. Late 2009 iMac 27 running 10.7.4.

Yesterday I had to click in the icons original place to use it (or right click). At the moment today it's done it and to activate the icon I can click on the actual icon itself. Everything seems to have moved up which means the MacintoshHD etc is now off screen.
Reply Quote
Just to follow up on this, as it looks as though its not a huge problem for people, I have got a temporary workround/fix.

I changed the resolution of the game to match that of my desktop (2660x1440). It runs fine and when I exit the icons appear to stay put. OK I admit it may cause a few systems to struggle under the increased resolution but hopefully it will work for some. I guess either that or running as a "windowed" option might work as I can only assume its the jumping between resolutions that causes the problem.

My system is a late 2009 27" iMac with the Radeon 4850 graphics card and I have upgraded it to 16GB of RAM. Runs no problem at higher resolution.

Nath
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]