Diablo® III

Updating setup files...

So, guys...
Im trying to install the client, but guess what?
It stucks in "Updating setup files..."
Anyone with the same problem?
Reply Quote
Plenty of people. Check the tech forums - this seems to be a major bug that took around 3.5 hours of fixing for me. In the end I followed the fixes in the forums and disabled my firewall.

Good luck - this is a frustrating one...
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
which thread with the instructions mate?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
So, guys...

I found this and it seems to work

If you try running the Diablo III Setup.exe file and nothing appears to be happening, check to see if the Windows Service for Secondary Logon is enabled. The game requires it and will not run if it's disabled.To check, open Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services and scroll down to the Secondary Logon service. Right click it and select properties. Make sure the Startup Type is NOT set to Disabled. Any other setting is ok. This service being disabled may also cause the system to appear to hang during the "Updating Setup Files" portion when run.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
So, guys...

If you try running the Diablo III Setup.exe file and nothing appears to be happening, check to see if the Windows Service for Secondary Logon is enabled. The game requires it and will not run if it's disabled.To check, open Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services and scroll down to the Secondary Logon service. Right click it and select properties. Make sure the Startup Type is NOT set to Disabled. Any other setting is ok. This service being disabled may also cause the system to appear to hang during the "Updating Setup Files" portion when run.

Tried this, no help
Reply Quote
So, guys...

thx a lot, i got the same problem, after i try this, its working now
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]