Diablo® III

Character name change?

(Locked)

Anyone know if this is or will be possible? I made a name that I don't care for just to start playing. I had a better one planned out but it was two characters too long.

I already beat act 1 and I don't feel like playing it again, but I would rather do that than not be able to change my name or have to wait months to do so.
bump, already off the page
test
What you mean?
Anyone know what the deal is?
LOL, not even 24 hours in and you already need a name change?
It's better to do it after only playing act 1 norm than playing all they way through inferno only to find out that name changes will not be possible. I would have to play the same class again all they way through and that would suck. I would just rather restart now.
at this time, no name changes. So start over.
85 Blood Elf Rogue
Just start over now, or wait till they charge you for it later.
05/15/2012 05:45 AMPosted by Melkor
I made a name that I don't care for just to start playing.
That isn't going to get sympathy. Names don't even show up in game except during character dialog.

2 options. Replay the couple hours you have completed, or stick with a name you don't like but also noone else ever sees.
Just start over. CS I think is a bit overlogged with tech support to deal with a char name change.

Why did you rush to name the character? They aren't unique in D3.
Wasn't really seeking sympathy. Was just saying that so people like Erdkunde wouldn't come in and say exactly what he said. Apparently it didn't work...
Being we get free respecs whenever, you have no reason ever to make another of that race/class again, except for hardcore.
So that name will stay with your for YEARS.
Lose a few hours now, or be unhappy for years. Your call.
Just start over. CS I think is a bit overlogged with tech support to deal with a char name change.

Why did you rush to name the character? They aren't unique in D3.

Cause I had a good name, but it was two to many characters. If I waited until I could think of a good name, I would still not be playing. I still do not have a new name idea. At least I have items to transfer over now though, so act 1 will go really quickly
If you are already bored enough to not re-play act 1... what are you going to do for the next 12 years waiting for D4!?!?
05/15/2012 06:59 AMPosted by Sunday
If you are already bored enough to not re-play act 1... what are you going to do for the next 12 years waiting for D4!?!?

PvP.
Edited by Melkor#1510 on 5/15/2012 7:01 AM PDT
Hey guys ... I wanted to hurry up and play to stop my impatient withdrawal twitching, and well, I kinda want to not have to start over and miss out on being able to post in two days how I beat normal already. I can haz change?
re-roll
Yes add it. Small function like name change is so easy to implement; they can do it with BattleTag so they can do it with character names just as easily. Just add in game gold limitation and/or time restriction
My name is in caps, but I did not enter it as caps when I created it... have had a ticked open for weeks, no response.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]