Diablo® III

Map

'Ello,

after i relogged my char in Diablo 3, all the zones i have explored are now again fogged on the map. is there a reason for this?

thnx,

JorDBosch.
Reply Quote
hi,
This has always been the case for Diablo.

Cheers
Reply Quote
ok thanks for your answer
Reply Quote
Actually, this has not always been the case with Diablo. With all the previous games, my single player maps has never been erased.
Reply Quote
it resets the game when you log out, so the only thats saved is your progress quest-wise.
Reply Quote
Blizzard really needs to add at least an option to save the map data. Not having the map makes it harder to explore when you have to retrace your steps every time.
Reply Quote
0/10 obvious troll and he failed.
Reply Quote
05/28/2012 07:13 PMPosted by Zan
Actually, this has not always been the case with Diablo. With all the previous games, my single player maps has never been erased.

did you ever log off lol
Reply Quote
Blizzard really needs to add at least an option to save the map data. Not having the map makes it harder to explore when you have to retrace your steps every time.

This is just how diablo plays. You'll get used to it. Having it saved would make the replay value even less then it already is.
Reply Quote
I see both points against a saved map, but I still think it would be beneficial. At least giving me the option to turn it on, so I can play it the way I like it. I'm sure there are others that would prefer it as well.

Especially if they could add in a way for dungeons to be turned a different color when they've been explored, and stay orange when they haven't. That would give you visual cue if you've missed something.

Wishful thinking I guess.
Reply Quote
NO WAY would I prefer it.

The maps are randomly generated and THATs what adds to finding the loot, because some places don't spawn often. Just look at the process needed to get the materials to make the Staff of Herding.

It would be done in about 5 mins without random maps. There are people who have been trying to find the stuff for weeks now.

In the meantime they are finding gold and other loot and gaining XP (if it's needed)

What fun would it be if the map was the same every time?

Fields of misery has 3 little "secrets" each one spawns randomly, or doesn't, but in this case spawn in the same location.

1) Forlorn farm, has a little champion fight, then a resplendant chest. The farm is usually South East on the map
2) A grove with a resplendant chest sitting out in the open, that spawns a champion fight when you open it
3) just the resplendant chest (Forget where) with no enemies.
Edited by GRNDPNDR#1978 on 6/5/2012 6:03 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]