Diablo® III

Game Key question

100 Night Elf Priest
I subscribe to WoW and did the annual pass for the free copy of D3. However, I also wanted to get a copy of the Collector's Edition, so I ordered that. My girlfriend also wants to play D3, so my intention was to use the game key from the free download for her and use the collector's edition key for my account so that I could get the bonus features associated with D3, WoW, and SC2 on my account. However, I can't seem to find any sort of key for the annual pass-related free copy. Is that copy pinned to my account or is there a way to give her the key?

Thanks in advance.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
Bumping in hopes of help... I know these forums are really busy today.
Reply Quote
I would contact costumer support and not use the Forum for this. Sadly, I believe you won't be able to get the Benefits of the collectors edition to your account, as you have the license of the annual pass already bound to it (one per bnet account if I recall).

But don't lose hope until you contact customer support. I'd write them an email or (shudder) call them...(not saying Blizz's phone support is bad, I just hate calling call-centers personally)

They'll give you the best answers. Maybe they can also grant you at least the pets or something, /shrug. Won't know until you try.

Also, don't expect a Bluey to answer this in the next month or so, they have enough with the trolls asking for compensation for not being able to get online and actual technical issues.

Hope that helps!
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
100 Human Rogue
The forums are indeed the right place to ask Mog. This is a simple issue and a common question.

If you have the WoW Annual Pass or purchased a Digital Download then your Diablo III game is already active. Just select the “I already activated it” option from the installer. You can verify it is active by going to the Account Management page of the web site and selecting Diablo III. It will show it as Active.

For the AP people it has already been stated by blues that you can NOT gift your free D3 to anyone else. You get one copy and it is tied to your account which you may not share. If you upgrade to the CE on an AP account it will over-ride the free one and you will be given 4 months of free WoW time.
Edited by MissCheetah#1661 on 5/15/2012 9:30 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
Thanks both. Bella, I don't think you really read my issue. No offense. I'm thinking I'll have to go with Mog's suggestion. Thanks.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
05/15/2012 09:29 AMPosted by Belladona
If you have the WoW Annual Pass or purchased a Digital Download then your Diablo III game is already active. Just select the “I already activated it” option from the installer. You can verify it is active by going to the Account Management page of the web site and selecting Diablo III. It will show it as Active.

Thank you so much. I was digging around looking for the key, thinking "WOW! Really?!"
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
100 Human Rogue
I did answer the question though Ailoryn. The answers Mog gave you were not accurate. People have been asking on the WoW CS forums for a few months about adding a CE to their AP account. I am just sharing what the blues said about it.

1. You can not move or transfer the free D3 off the AP account.
2. If you add the CE to it, which you CAN do through Account Management it will over ride the free version. As compensation you get 4 free months of WoW.

Free free to try calling, but the blues have already addressed it several times so you are likely wasting your effort :/
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]