Diablo® III

Consistent higher than normal latency.

85 Orc Death Knight
While playing Diablo III, I consistently have a latency of 300-500ms, making the game very frustrating to play.

It isn't my internet connection, WoW and other internet applications run smoothly with low latency, and I've reset my connection to see if that does it, and it does not.

I have a supported graphics card, an ATI 3GB card. 6GB of RAM.

I am supposing that this is simply a server side issue, but I also supposed that the open beta weekend to stress test the servers would provide enough preparation so that when the actual game launched, people wouldn't be having problems like this. This wouldn't be a problem if being connected to the server were not required for single player, but that is an issue for another time, in another forum.

Either way, I hope blizzard stabilizes so that *everyone* can enjoy the game.
Reply Quote
i AM having the same issues but i am running at much lower specs than you
win xp
2gb ram
nvidia geforce 6100 all drivers upgraded
I KNOW these are very low but i dled game no prob got online no prob but having issues with the latency ................
im thinking its servers.....
Reply Quote
bump
IM TAKING VIDEO CARD RECOMENDATIONS UNDER 100$ IM BROKE LOL
Reply Quote
So do you have issues with network latency or the FPS? They are completely different things. The game did feel laggy as hell (network wise) when playing the Beta though.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
I am only really having issues with latency, not with graphical FPS.

The funny thing is, I DIDN'T have this latency issue while I was playing the beta (and I played the beta outside of the open weekend). This indicates to me that it's something on blizzards end, if I was able to run it more smoothly in the beta than on live.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]