Diablo® III

nvidia geforce 6150se nforce 430

74 Dwarf Shaman
Will this play Diablo 3? Thank for any answers.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
It can run Diablo 3. That's about it.

(in other words, if you don't mind having to run at the lowest settings, and even then, have terrible FPS, yeah, you can play D3)
Reply Quote
74 Dwarf Shaman
Thanks, I was asking for a friend of mine!

Video Cards always get me a bit confused as to what means what, and where it falls on the line against others.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
well i have that card but i get the message that its not supporting d3 any advice?
Reply Quote
It can run Diablo 3. That's about it.

(in other words, if you don't mind having to run at the lowest settings, and even then, have terrible FPS, yeah, you can play D3)

A GT 430 could run D3. The nForce 430 chipset with the integrated 6150? I doubt it.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
It should have the basic feature set necessary (DX 9.0c, pixel shader 3.0) to actually see it get onto the login screen, although I hear people can't with this integrated GPU.

Then again, even if it did, login screen is probably the best it can do.

By saying "That's about it", it was meant to imply that even if D3 ran, you can't actually play with it.
Edited by Ehrengarde#1143 on 5/15/2012 3:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
It should have the basic feature set necessary (DX 9.0c, pixel shader 3.0) to actually see it get onto the login screen, although I hear people can't with this integrated GPU.

Then again, even if it did, login screen is probably the best it can do.

By saying "That's about it", it was meant to imply that even if D3 ran, you can't actually play with it.

Ah, that makes more sense. Yeah, login screen is possible, I doubt he'll be able to get playable frame-rates even at 640x480.
Reply Quote
I have the same video card and it won't even let me get past where you click "play". Now what? New computer or new card?
Reply Quote
05/15/2012 09:56 PMPosted by NumRocker
I have the same video card and it won't even let me get past where you click "play". Now what? New computer or new card?

Given the age that any machine using the integrated 6150 will have to be, it's probably time for an all-new machine.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
New card for a stop-gap measure, but this depends on your current computer.

Namely:

Is it a slim-case, or a fat mid-tower?

What power supply do you have?

What CPU?
Reply Quote
buy a low end card like the 550ti and you'll run the game just fine and it requires literally no power.
Reply Quote
05/15/2012 10:09 PMPosted by Gcubin
buy a low end card like the 550ti and you'll run the game just fine and it requires literally no power.

It sucks down over 100w - a pretty far cry from "literally no power".
Reply Quote
i have the same card and so what this is telling me is that i have to buy a 100 dollar video card to play my 60 dollar game -_-
Reply Quote
so is that mean i cant play d3 in a GeForce 6150?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
No.
Turns out 6150SE is not supported, despite having correct feature set support.

You NEED a new graphics card.
Reply Quote
View profile
05/16/2012 05:12 AMPosted by NORMANATORR
i have the same card and so what this is telling me is that i have to buy a 100 dollar video card to play my 60 dollar game -_-

sounds like you are blaming it on the developer. You should have been conscious of your hardware before you bought the game. If the developers had to make games to accommodate every gpu ever made, we'd still be rocking commodore 64 graphics.

those geforce 6150's are extremely old and integrated. you wont be able to play any game in the last several years.
Reply Quote
that's complete bs. i bought my pc 2 years ago and specifically bought it to the anticipated specs for diablo 3 and i also have this vcard and this problem. you can't always anticipate how long it will take and how upgraded a game will be. i'm with blaming the developers for dragging this out so long. if they'd relased it a year ago when they said i doubt this would be such an issue
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Why would you buy a computer that only has an integrated non-gaming graphics chipset for games? The 6150 is not designed for gaming *at all*. It's designed for things like reading your email and light web surfing.

Heck, even the GT430 mentioned above is not a gaming card, and it's MUCH more powerful than a 6150. It *barely* runs D3 on minimal settings (my girlfriend has an old desktop with one of these). It runs at 15-30fps on minimal settings.

Stop expecting the impossible from ancient non-gaming hardware and you won't have this issue. Even when the 6150 was brand new it was not designed to play games on.
Edited by Saerydoth#1867 on 6/5/2012 8:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
6150's are EXTREMELY old and INTEGRATED. Integrated video cards will almost never be viable. Just buy a Radeon 6670. It's cheap and will last you a while for most games.
Reply Quote
06/05/2012 09:15 PMPosted by Hong
Just buy a Radeon 6670

not sure i would dare buy one that isn't on their special "supported video card" list....
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]