Diablo® III

Sorry guys MAC just won't be enough get a PC!

10 Draenei Priest
That's what the little voice in my head is saying. I'm so angry right now you just can't imagine.
Blizz you could at least reassure us? No??
Reply Quote
mac has been working perfect, i have been playing on my mac all morning because when i try on pc i can't log in 90% of the time and then if i do get in a game, it's stupidly laggy.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
Actually, it's just the operating system. Run Windows 7 Boot Camp on a Mac and Diablo runs better.
Reply Quote
Yea, Its a bug where the game either isn't optimized properly for OSX or something is causing a performance cripple on the OSX system.

I'm going to be installing windows 7 in bootcamp while the maintenance finishes and will just transfer my diablo install file over and install on bootcamp until a fix is made for OSX.
Reply Quote
Runs just fine on my 2008 8core with ATI 5870 OSX 10.7.4

Are you just trolling?
Edited by ScaryMutt#1956 on 5/15/2012 1:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
10 Draenei Priest
Runs just fine on my 2008 8core with ATI 5870.

Are you just trolling?

No you're trolling. Runs fine on your $5000 machine.
Reply Quote
Runs just fine on my 2008 8core with ATI 5870.

Are you just trolling?

No you're trolling. Runs fine on your $5000 machine.

Whatever man, runs fine for me. check your setup/attitude.
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
05/15/2012 01:06 PMPosted by Rokjaa

i have same machine and it runs fine for me too. but there is something wrong with how it runs in certain macbook pro configurations. definitely seems like a nvidia thing too, i don't think i read too many AMD/ATI complaints. makes me wonder.

Boot camp is always an option. Even i havea windows 7 partition i use from time to time, windows just does some things better, gaming tends to be one of them, do to apples complete lack of interest in providing better driver and opengl support. Whether the D3 issues are an apple issue or blizz one remains to be proven either way. Far as i've seen, most desktop machins run D3 just fine on mac os x, it's mainly a macbook pro problem, any desktop that has been acting up usually had some other underlying cause, like not having latest updates, or needing to reboot (ie sleep bug in lion), etc.

Only the blue's really know for sure. I'm sure they are following the forum threads and collecting data.
Reply Quote
I dont think the OP really wants any help, he provided no system specs nor did he specify any specific issues that he was having.
Edited by ScaryMutt#1956 on 5/15/2012 1:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
05/15/2012 01:09 PMPosted by Omega

i have same machine and it runs fine for me too. but there is something wrong with how it runs in certain macbook pro configurations. definitely seems like a nvidia thing too, i don't think i read too many AMD/ATI complaints. makes me wonder.

Boot camp is always an option. Even i havea windows 7 partition i use from time to time, windows just does some things better, gaming tends to be one of them, do to apples complete lack of interest in providing better driver and opengl support. Whether the D3 issues are an apple issue or blizz one remains to be proven either way. Far as i've seen, most desktop machins run D3 just fine on mac os x, it's mainly a macbook pro problem, any desktop that has been acting up usually had some other underlying cause, like not having latest updates, or needing to reboot (ie sleep bug in lion), etc.

Only the blue's really know for sure. I'm sure they are following the forum threads and collecting data.

I can confirm there are issues on more than just MBPs, a lot of mac users with newer (2011 and newer) mac systems seem to all be having issues (Mac Mini, iMac, MBPs). A lot of people are also finding that if they just install windows in bootcamp and run diablo3 there, the performance is much much better.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5007621155
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5051695263?page=4
a majority of the issues seem to come down to MacBook Pros and the nvidia 9400m, however, i think the issue goes much deeper than just that as I do not have a MBP, I have a MacMini with the HD 3000 card, and others with ATI cards are running into severe performance issues as well.
Reply Quote
Well, I hope Blizz can get it sorted for all of you having issues. Hang in there.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]