Diablo® III

Is D3 ready to play on the Mac?

This ^^
Reply Quote
From what i've gathered:

During beta it was working exceptionally well until about beta 14 or 15, where the fps for most mac users plummeted. they changed something, and it appears it was never fixed, or if it was, it didn't fix it for everyone.

One option is to install windows on bootcamp and diablo 3 will work much much better.

Most of the systems affected appear to be: any 2011 or newer systems with i5 and i7 processors, nvidia 9400m gpus, the intel HD 3000, Mac Mini, Macbook Pros, iMacs. Ram does not seem to be a playing factor as most 2011 and newer computers have at least 4GB of ram.

In a manner of speaking, it is READY. The question is: is it optimized? I have yet to see an answer for that.
Reply Quote
10 Draenei Priest
We don't know!
Reply Quote
Finally after hours and hours of updating my macbook to 10.6.8 now waiting on diablo to download :D but been at 5% download for 30 minutes :\ wondering if it froze...
Reply Quote
on older macs... not so much
on newer macs... like butter baby
Reply Quote
I played my Witch Doctor yesterday, on my Macbook Pro 13 "Early 2011" 2.3 i5, 8gigs hence a Intel HD 3000 512mb. My settings are everything high, but my shadows are completely off. The game runs like butter. I even have AA on, its just shadows that screws the whole game off.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]