Diablo® III

Mouse 4/5 Buttons not working

88 Draenei Death Knight
I checked the known bugs report and this issue was in there. Now I tried the system services trick and rebooted my imac as well... have the latest drivers for my mouse (Razor Deathadder) and yet it still will not let me map the Number 1 &2 keys on the keyboard to my side buttons (4/5)..

Has anyone found another way around this? Or is this something on Blizz side that needs to be patched?

Thanks for any help :)
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
Hi Dkomaira!

We aware of this issue and it will be addressed in a future patch.
Reply Quote
Just to reaffirm Dkomaira.

4 and 5 wont map for me in the game inputs options menu. the mouse wheel, scroll up, scroll down is able to be mapped.
Reply Quote
ah so this is a know issue, i take it 4 and 5 are the side buttons on the mouse.
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
05/22/2012 12:04 PMPosted by nahuhhh
ah so this is a know issue, i take it 4 and 5 are the side buttons on the mouse.

That is correct :)

This is small step for me, but big step for humanity. Or something like that...
Reply Quote
93 Draenei Paladin
well i just purchased this mouse and same problem ?? common guys if they dont work take them off the shelves .. i just wasted $100 bucks to now find i cant even use the thing
Reply Quote
Is there a way to make application specific control schemes on that mouse?
You could just map keypresses 1-4 onto mouse buttons.
Did that with my Logitech, works flawlessly.
Reply Quote
On my logitech, I had a few buttons that that were specialized buttons that I wanted to be... not special. I just wanted to use them (dpi buttons).

I found the Logitech software was not available on the Mac (at least at the time), so I hooked up my mouse to a Windows machine and installed the logitec software, which allowed me to remap the DPI buttons to something along the lines of "generic/normal mouse button" instead of its programmed DPI switcher settings. The mouse retained all of those settings even on the Mac side and now those buttons are treated as normal mouse buttons and can be mapped.

Everything works flawlessly for me now, and has been for almost 2 years. I only had to do this once. It's not the same mouse as yours, but it's a similar specialized mouse with special programmable functions... so this could likely work for you.

Maybe this same concept could for for you? There may be mac software for the razor, which would make it even easier).

I didn't think of trying what Icaros said, but that may work as well.
Reply Quote
i have windows 7 and buttons 5, 6, 7, will not work for me i dont know what to do i paid alot for this mouse and its no better than my 10 dollar logitech, is the solution really a gaming patch? please fix soon
Reply Quote
This post was a couple of weeks ago... I saw that there was a few Mac updates in the last patch but the 2 side buttons on the mouse were not fixed.??? Do you have a time frame on the patch that will fix this problem??
Reply Quote
I'd like to add that I have a Logitech G5 mouse, and (despite the lack of direct Mac compatibility) I have the same problem with the two side buttons. They work for other blizzard games, but not for D3.
Reply Quote
This bug was fixed for me in the latest patch (1.0.3)
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
i have a Diablo 3 mouse and none of my buttons except the left and right buttons work in game at all. i am using windows 7 not mac. iv done all the tricks including changing my font size smaller in windows. nothing works except the left and right mouse buttons in game. i know via the mouse driver software that the buttons are working via the click count section. i am loosing my mind.
Edited by Falin#1791 on 11/9/2012 7:29 AM PST
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
@ Faltir- This is a Mac forum. You want the PC forums: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/5386227/
Reply Quote
Zzz... so to fix two buttons we will have to wait months now?
It's two buttons for Christ sake!
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
This bug was resolved a while back for OS X, ZED. Are you on OS X and experiencing this same issue?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]