Diablo® III

Graphical requirements way too high!

aparently when you made this game blizzard the first thing on your mind want hey maybe not everyone will have a 4000 doller computer. This is rediculess,my current graphic card is>Geforce 6159Se nForce 430. and honestly thats ran alot of games i didnt even think would run on it. me and my roomate got the game and both are computers cant play it. He has a good graphics card but i dont Aparently. But he doesnt have a good proccecor. So were both screwed. So i guess thats 120 bucks out of my pocket. thanks blizzared for making a game with a million requirements
Reply Quote
Honestly, that's your bad for not ensuring your computer could run it before you shelled out the cash.
Reply Quote
your not alone. They also got my money and I cant play it either :( Would have been nice if they had been more honest about the requirements.
Reply Quote
Check the requirements before you buy the game....

A decent computer that meets even the recommended specs can be had for wayyyyy less than 4000. Under 1000 even.
Reply Quote
MydLyfe - must be nice to sit on a shelf and look down upon others. Would have been nice if a COMPLETE list of non compaitibles were shown on the Blizzard site. I did check and mine was not there so I believed myself to be ok.
Reply Quote
86 Goblin Warlock
I dont think your understanding when i posted in the other post. They changed some of the requirments after it went live, or a little before im not sure. also added cards to the list of unsupported
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
How do you know they changed it? I think the system requirements have been on their webpage for several months now. Do you know what changed?

@Mazarbul what video card do you have?
Reply Quote
First download the game. I couldnt do it from my disc due to the error message but was able to do it from the "pre launch" download.

Inside the folder libraries/documents/diablo III there is a file named "d3prefs.txt". Open it.

Change:
- DisableTrilinearFiltering "1" (from 0 to 1)
- HardwareClass "1" (from 0 to 1)

Save the file and close it.
When you launch the game, you will still get the same “Unsupported graphics card” error that pops up. Press esc and the game will load.

THIS FIXED IT FOR ME! I found it online after hours of searching and the game now loads!
I dont have any issues with quality of graphics or speed issues......I hope this works for you guys as well!!!!!!! YEAH!!!!!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
05/15/2012 02:07 AMPosted by blackout
parently when you made this game blizzard the first thing on your mind want hey maybe not everyone will have a 4000 doller computer.

Not true, my tower was under 900 and I built it myself. I can play ever game on the market and my systems not that great. That's a way over exaggerated comment and you might want to be realistic about your numbers, a 600 dollar laptop could run this game no problem. And if you're curious about my specs here they are

Gigabyte motherboard (Dont remember which)
Gigabyte AMD radeon hd 6850 factory OC'd
8 (4x2) gigs of g.skill ram 1600 mghz
intel 15 2400 3.1 ghz processor
thermaltake cpu cooler
NZXT phantom case
320 gig hardrive 750 watt 80% bronze certified psu
Windows 7 home premium 64 bit

I don't remember every single spec as I built this almost a year ago, the tower costed me... under 900 I believe and it's not a bad machine by any means.

05/15/2012 02:09 AMPosted by MydLyfe
Honestly, that's your bad for not ensuring your computer could run it before you shelled out the cash.

Agreed, if you aren't sure about your system specs maybe try posting on the forums and getting help or calling the company and asking. Your bad for shelling out your hard earned money without doing enough research. We all make mistakes, but instead of complaining try getting a solution.
Reply Quote
Yeap, trollers will be trollers no helping them.

If you didn't check the system requirements before your purchased its your own fault.
Reply Quote
Integrated graphics? what are you playing it off netbook? mac? at least get a a laptop with 8600gt or ati with 1900x... that's like 2005 budget graphics man.
Reply Quote
I'd be more upset about the $ you shelled out for an education that didn't include basic spelling or grammar.
Reply Quote
after hours of trying to update and reinstall drivers. i tried this and it worked! i could not find the "DisableTrilinearFiltering "1" (from 0 to 1)"
but just went into the diablo3 folder and changed the HardwareClass "1" (from 0 to 1). i have the least compatiable pc notebook to play games on, and the game loads just fine at high res, and game speed is fine.

First download the game. I couldnt do it from my disc due to the error message but was able to do it from the "pre launch" download.

Inside the folder libraries/documents/diablo III there is a file named "d3prefs.txt". Open it.

Change:
- DisableTrilinearFiltering "1" (from 0 to 1)
- HardwareClass "1" (from 0 to 1)

Save the file and close it.
When you launch the game, you will still get the same “Unsupported graphics card” error that pops up. Press esc and the game will load.

THIS FIXED IT FOR ME! I found it online after hours of searching and the game now loads!
I dont have any issues with quality of graphics or speed issues......I hope this works for you guys as well!!!!!!! YEAH!!!!!
Reply Quote
definition of useless. right there gents.
Reply Quote
I support.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Hunter
Requirements are not very high...I just built someone a computer with onboard video and it runs Diablo 3 just fine. Built the entire computer for under $400.

Also, the open Beta was probably a good time to test if it'd run on your computer.

Oh yeah, also probably should have checked the requirements before buying the game.

Try newegg.com for all your Diablo building needs.
Edited by Czarni#1571 on 5/17/2012 9:51 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Gotta love stupid people who shell out 1 thousand dollars for a computer with integrated graphics.
Reply Quote
OP its your fault for not knowing. Specs were given out long before release. They specifically made the game not super demanding. You are just too silly to know that.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]