Diablo® III

Fps Stuttering

I'm having the same issues. Playing is almost unbearable, especially when involved with others.

3.2 GHz Quad Core AMD Phenom
16 GB RAM
Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 (Tried Catalyst 12.3 and tried updating to 12.4)
Windows 7 64bit
90 Gnome Warrior
I was having FPS problems to the actual point of freezing last night. This morning I read around and disabling 2 cores has helped me out. The game still runs like garbage for no reason at all, but it's playable.
disabling 2 cores helped a bit
Core i5 760 + GTX460 here. No stuttering. NOT using latest drivers, 295.xx if I remember correctly.

Then again, I have D3 on my SSD. I purposely moved it there to avoid situations like this. It could also be latency related, which would suck for those of you without good internet.

I tried the beta with the old drivers, same problem and I too am running the game from an SSD.

Game running from SSD
i7 980 (6 core) CPU
12Gb RAM
GTX 580
Win7 x64
Edited by Dworkin#1413 on 5/15/2012 6:24 AM PDT
Same issue here, and there's no reason I should see lag. I have it installed on an SSD. It feels like online lag - everything runs fine, until something has to load like some MOB or somebody says something. Indoors, outdoors, makes no difference.

Win7 64
i7 2600
8gb RAM
NVidia GTX 580
Viewsonic 120hz refresh monitor
Corsair 256GB SSD
After knocking out half of the CPUs in the affinity mode my Diablo 3 is running smooth. Will update if this changes, but it seems to be a fix for the I7.
I was in the exact same situation as everybody in this thread, i.e. stuttering, frame droping etc etc... with pretty much the same rig ( i5 2500k, gtx 460, 4 gig ram). As someone notes, it seems like the game is loading something every time there is an animation or a sound effect (i was in that case). I actually installed Diablo 3 on the same HDD as bf3, me3 and other decent games. Luckily i have an SSD, and i thought i could give it a shot, transfering d3 files to my SSD. In fact, i saw the difference right as i started playing, the game wasn't stuttering anymore. I hope it might help even a few people in this thread.
Edited by aspo#2331 on 5/15/2012 6:34 AM PDT
I created a long thread discussing also about this issue with all the info I gathered of it

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5051865438
Edited by Valcros#2423 on 5/15/2012 6:37 AM PDT
90 Gnome Warrior
As an addendum, joining a game with my buddy brought most of the stuttering and lock-ups back again.
Hello.
First of all excuse my bad english. i would like to know really what stuttering meens in the game. I know it is the terme use to explain a man with talking difficulties. But i have a problem in the game and i like to know if it's stuttering. Take a exemple.

I'm running in tristram / meet a zombi / and when i click on the zombi my character is freeze for half a second and after that, the attack's move is playing really quick and the time restart normaly after a new freez time...etc..etc...
85 Orc Mage
05/15/2012 06:32 AMPosted by aspo
I was in the exact same situation as everybody in this thread, i.e. stuttering, frame droping etc etc... with pretty much the same rig ( i5 2500k, gtx 460, 4 gig ram). As someone notes, it seems like the game is loading something every time there is an animation or a sound effect (i was in that case). I actually installed Diablo 3 on the same HDD as bf3, me3 and other decent games. Luckily i have an SSD, and i thought i could give it a shot, transfering d3 files to my SSD. In fact, i saw the difference right as i started playing, the game wasn't stuttering anymore. I hope it might help even a few people in this thread.

I've actually tried transferring from my secondary SSD to my primary SSD to no avail--still stuttered. Also tried reverting to Catalyst 12.3--it didn't work. So, I am back at Catalyst 12.4 (current). Oddly, I switched to windowed mode and haven't experienced a stutter for the past half hour.

UPDATE: I have now experienced a couple of stutters in the past minute in Windowed mode.
Edited by Wiggly#1403 on 5/15/2012 6:47 AM PDT
Hello.
First of all excuse my bad english. i would like to know really what stuttering meens in the game. I know it is the terme use to explain a man with talking difficulties. But i have a problem in the game and i like to know if it's stuttering. Take a exemple.

I'm running in tristram / meet a zombi / and when i click on the zombi my character is freeze for half a second and after that, the attack's move is playing really quick and the time restart normaly after a new freez time...etc..etc...

Thats exactly what stuttering means in this thread ;)
100 Orc Hunter
Same stuttering. My system should eat this for breakfast . Im starting to get concerned for Blizzard... my faith is wavering...

Gtx 680 i7-2700k @ 5Ghz
Same stuttering. My system should eat this for breakfast . Im starting to get concerned for Blizzard... my faith is wavering...

Gtx 680 i7-2700k @ 5Ghz

Did you try to set the CPU affinity for diablo to only use 2cores?
And I have it too. Geforce 580, latest drivers, awesome - and updated - hardware in general.

As with the rest of you, this stuttering problem annoys me VERY much and I'm surprised that Blizzard has not fixed this since it's apparently an old issue with the game.

If I were a reviewer, I'd have said they released a non-finished product. This certainly isn't up to Blizzard standards and I'm quite disappointed.

Old fan - and employee
Not that it really helps our issue but installing on a archaic old PC and it runs smooth as silk with everything maxed. Seems like it is predominantly a newish hardware issue.

I have noticed that sometimes after a 'hitch' my character will move really fast for a second to where they should be. Almost like the infamous old 'rubber banding'. :/
85 Orc Mage

Gtx 680 i7-2700k @ 5Ghz

I tried this and am still experiencing "stutters".
Edited by Wiggly#1403 on 5/15/2012 7:20 AM PDT
100 Orc Hunter

Gtx 680 i7-2700k @ 5Ghz

Yes same issue

Im starting to get pissed
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]