Diablo® III

diablo 3 minimizing itself

(Locked)

This has been happening since I started playing Friday (5-25-12). Random minimization unrelated to screen action.

I've long pulled the windows key and cannot duplicate it by any other remaining keys or combination so I do not believe it's an "accidental key press" issue...it's a glitch.

I only play Hardcore, therefore in reality this game is unplayable with this glitch.

Win 7
AMD Quad something or other
Radeon HD6850
I have a brand new computer and d3 was one of the first things i installed and this keeps happening to me. geforce 560 ti
I'm having the same issue, and hear a windows error 'beep' when it happens everytime (xp pro, fully updated, no antivirus). Blue post plz?
I get this frequently too. Incredibly frustrating. It always seems to happen on specials or ad mobs. When it comes back I'm either almost dead or dead.
I bought the game 2 days ago so I have no clue whether it's been doing this for awhile or not.
I thought it was due to something popping up to notify me, but nothing is there when it minimizes. I'm not running anything else but Diablo. No antivirus. No messengers. Nothing. :/
Mods, y u no tell me whats wrong?
Hey guys, just an idea for troubleshooting for those of you with intermittent minimizing (so, not every few minutes, but maybe every hour) in case any of you haven't tried it yet.

So this happens to me too, and I don't know what's causing it. Once every 1-2 hours I randomly get minimized, for seemingly no reason, and just click on the D3 task icon and I'm back.

Assuming you've tried msconfig and closing down processes already and none of that has worked, try the following: the next time you are minimized, quickly open task scheduler (Start->"task" and select it). Take note of the current time and then sort the tasks by Last Run Time. If you see anything there that correlates with it, it might be the source of the problem. I noticed a few tasks that auto-update every hour, around the time the game minimized but haven't played enough yet to confirm that this was the issue.

In most cases though, something is indeed stealing focus so the "solution" will likely be different for everyone. Good luck guys

Edit: Another possible culprit is HydraVision - if you have it installed (ATI cards) and don't really use any of its features, try uninstalling it.
Edited by HviteKrist#1353 on 6/2/2012 1:15 AM PDT
Happening again to me now. Last time restarting computer helped. Any solutions yet tho?
Just to update: Uninstalling HydraVision seems to have fixed this for me, so if you happen to have an ATI card with HydraVision, I'd recommend uninstalling it to troubleshoot
Check if you have a Logitech mouse. I had the same thing happening. Turns out the entire left side of the mouse is a button that was default set to "Application Switcher" in Logitech's settings.

I have a Marathon Mouse M705. Open up the Logitech settings go to the button assignment tab, and set button 8 to "Do Nothing."
Hey guys, just an idea for troubleshooting for those of you with intermittent minimizing (so, not every few minutes, but maybe every hour) in case any of you haven't tried it yet.

So this happens to me too, and I don't know what's causing it. Once every 1-2 hours I randomly get minimized, for seemingly no reason, and just click on the D3 task icon and I'm back.

Assuming you've tried msconfig and closing down processes already and none of that has worked, try the following: the next time you are minimized, quickly open task scheduler (Start->"task" and select it). Take note of the current time and then sort the tasks by Last Run Time. If you see anything there that correlates with it, it might be the source of the problem. I noticed a few tasks that auto-update every hour, around the time the game minimized but haven't played enough yet to confirm that this was the issue.

In most cases though, something is indeed stealing focus so the "solution" will likely be different for everyone. Good luck guys

Edit: Another possible culprit is HydraVision - if you have it installed (ATI cards) and don't really use any of its features, try uninstalling it.

This! The culprit for me was a google update task. Thanks for the tip!
100 Orc Death Knight
1. I played Diablo 3 a few days ago without any problems.
Left computer on over night (like usual)
I had just finished downloading Terra online trial before I went to bed.
2. Windows did an update and computer had been restarted back to my login screen.
3. Didn't play Diablo 3 yesterday busy and I tried tera it's different. I don't hate it.
4. Diablo seems to start fine. But minimizes immediately. I clicked the taskbar icon again, heard the music for a moment, minimizes again. Completely unplayable.
100 Orc Death Knight
I recently uninstalled a program also. It kept popping up saying that my computer doesnt support it. Which makes no sense since it came with my new monitor. It was saying I needed an older version of windows, what.!?
90 Tauren Druid
how do you fix it?
I found this happening with my laptop quite frequently. It occurred when I had the laptop unplugged from a power source. I found it was my power setting that was causing it. Switching my unplugged laptop to performance setting seemed to fix the issue. It was on normal (recommended) before. Hope maybe that helps.
100 Night Elf Hunter
Another thing that can cause apparently random minimising using the Win 7 OS is utilising a Theme that has a rotating wallpaper feature. Every time the wallpaper changes, any full screen game will minimise.

I had this start on another MMORPG on my new Win 7 machine (a laptop) when I first got it 18 months back--disabled rotating wallpaper, hasn't happened since.
Edited by Bethgael#1427 on 7/3/2012 7:05 PM PDT
Another thing that can cause apparently random minimising using the Win 7 OS is utilising a Theme that has a rotating wallpaper feature. Every time the wallpaper changes, any full screen game will minimise.

I had this start on another MMORPG on my new Win 7 machine (a laptop) when I first got it 18 months back--disabled rotating wallpaper, hasn't happened since.

I almost thought this was my issue ... but then I realized I turned off wallpaper rotation awhile ago and I still have this problem :(.
I have a logitech mouse but how do I get to the settings page? PLZ HELP.
Check if you have a Logitech mouse. I had the same thing happening. Turns out the entire left side of the mouse is a button that was default set to "Application Switcher" in Logitech's settings.

I have a Marathon Mouse M705. Open up the Logitech settings go to the button assignment tab, and set button 8 to "Do Nothing."

How do i get to settings?
- Technical Support
View profile
You just need to figure out which software is taking priority over Diablo III. My antivirus can do it, some email and chat programs can do it if they are set to be on top, etc. One test is to bring it up in Selective Startup mode and then re-enable things one by one until you find the culprit.

There is an article here that may help you troubleshoot and eliminate the pesky program http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/shutting-down-background-applications
This kept happening to me too and I found the solution (for my PC at least = Windows 7 64bit).

The program stealing focus was Windows error reporting service. You disable by going to run, type in 'services', find Windows error reporting service, double click it and select startup type disabled. Also press stop to stop the service.

Before the game kept minimizing every 10-30 seconds, I have now been playing a few hours without a glitch!

Hope it helps.
Anyone still having this issue? Doesn't seem to be a task confict for me (after reviewing the solutions above), rather it seems to occur randomly and only while clicking (I can leave the screen on for hours and it won't minimize as long as I don't touch the track pad). Just wondering if anyone has come up with alternate solutions, this issue has caused me so much frustration and countless deaths.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]