Diablo® III

Where is the D3Prefs.txt File on macs? *HELP*

ATY,RadeonX1600 owners, joy be with you, that works!

I do play Diablo III on the 2006 version of MacBookPro! :)

Many thanks to you, bigPToronto.

Did you have to update some drivers anywhere... it asks me to do that.
Reply Quote
Also having a problem with Diablo 3 launching. Whenever that "Unsupported Video Card" crap message pops up, I press ESC instad of OK. But the launcher just disappears and then Windows pops up a message: "Diablo III.exe. Diablo III.exe has occured and error and it had to be shut down. Blablabla etc"

I tried to find that D3Prefs.tx folder but I guess that doesnt exist at all since I cant launch the game or something?

Any help? :)
Reply Quote
Whip open Terminal for me from Applications -> Utilities.

Then type this :

open ~/Library/Application\ Support/Blizzard/Diablo\ III

And press return.

Thanks a lot for this.:)
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Shaman
So this workaround stop working after the most recent patch. It looks like they removed d3prefs.txt. Anybody know an alternative to this? It was running great using this work-around until the latest patch. Now I only get black screen again :(, BTW i have a RadeonX1600 graphics card.
Reply Quote
hi...can this be use on bootcamp?

i did everything it mention

d3prefs

DisableTrilinearFiltering "1"
HardwareClass "1"
ChannelsToUse "16"

but i still cant get into the login page. it still saying my graphic card is not supported. i just want to hang around at AH doing some bidding. not planning to farming or etc. (home PC for farming)

can someone pls help me.. im using macbook 4,1 with intel GMA x3100
Reply Quote
Bluspacecow --> thankyou for the breakdown on how to find the damn library folder on a mac.
Reply Quote
you are my hero, thanks X infity
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
I have to say that I seem to have no issue playing the game. I don't get any errors when I try to log on but the server (Americas) is down right now so I can't say I'm completely in. However, I don't have any issue with launching. My problem is the fact that up until last night I had all of my cutscenes and now I don't have them... again. This happened to me once before. I'd use my TimeMachine to get the file back but the application support folder doesn't contain any folders for Blizzard at all, neither now nor three months ago... This confuses me since changing the .txt file is how I got my cinematics back last time. I even looked for hidden files. it's wasn't there. My only guess regarding the disappearance of the folders and file is my upgrade to OS:Lion. I can't remember if I did that before or after my first go at changing the .txt file. I recently went on vacation and tried to copy the cutscene information from the .txt file from this computer to my laptop (also OS:Lion and capable of playing the game correctly) but I couldn't find it or the folders even then. Now that the patch has come I'm back to being cinematic-less. I don't have issues playing full-screen and the game launches at it's usual speed with no error messages.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Hey Silveriss,

This was a side effect of the prefs beign removed one last time. This was fixed in 1.0.5+ but had to happen one last time to get to 1.0.5.

To get back your cutscenes, you'll need to modify your D3Prefs.txt file.

1. Navigate to ~/Library/Application Support/Blizzard/Diablo III
2. Open the D3Prefs.txt file with TextEdit.
3. Change the following values for PlayedCutscene0 to PlayedCutscene3 to:
PlayedCutscene0 "15"
PlayedCutscene1 "15"
PlayedCutscene2 "23"
PlayedCutscene3 "143"
4. Save the changes.
5. Enjoy the cinematics.
Edited by Machkhan on 10/16/2012 4:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
90 Human Priest
To get back your cutscenes, you'll need to modify your D4Prefs.txt file.

'Splodey sheep is hiding a new game. I want! :P

Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
To get back your cutscenes, you'll need to modify your D4Prefs.txt file.

'Splodey sheep is hiding a new game. I want! :P

Doh! Typo. I mean D3 lol.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Okay... I've recreated the folders and the file but... still no cinematics. I've logged into the game and ran around for a bit. I've detected absolutely no change in my game play.

I went to Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/Blizzard/Diablo III/D3Prefs.txt

The information you provided is listed in the file. However, no cutscenes are available from my menu screen with the exception of the opening scene. :/
Reply Quote
Similar problem here, MachKhan. I've updated my D3Prefs file to reflect my settings before patch, but D3 "refuses" to take instruction from it. Has the location of the .txt been relocated or something?

Edit: Fixed! Set my D3Prefs to Read and Write back from Read Only, restarted PC, ran D3, then quit. Applied my old D3Prefs settings and everything's back to normal. I'm not sure the restart was necessary, but there you go.
Edited by Chatturgha#1457 on 10/17/2012 4:52 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
10/16/2012 08:45 PMPosted by Silveriss
Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/Blizzard/Diablo III/D3Prefs.txt

This isn't the correct file path. It should be ~/Library/Application Support/Blizzard/Diablo III.

The "~" represents your user account name. If you expanded it out, it would be Macintosh HD/Users/[username]/Library/Application Support/Blizzard/Diablo III. You can type out the ~/Library/Application Support/Blizzard/Diablo III In Finder's Go > Go to Folder menu to get directly to this.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Thank you very much for all of your help. I don't know much about the inner workings of computers. I just play and work on them. LOL. I have all of my scenes back and I'm playing at full speed again. I appreciate your patience with me.
Reply Quote
greetings
im using mountain lion and i cant find
D3Prefs.txt
Reply Quote
there is no blizzard in application support
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Try this.

1. Launch Diablo III.
    2. Put Diablo III into Windowed Mode if it is not already in Windowed Mode.
    3. From the system menu bar, select Diablo III > Show in Finder.
    4. Select Application Support.
Edited by Machkhan on 1/29/2013 9:05 AM PST
Reply Quote
im sorry i didnt make this clear
i have application support but i dont have blizzard file neither D3Prefs.txt
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]