Diablo® III

Please edit the Known Issues list! Templar!

25 Undead Mage
"When playing a Demon Hunter, giving a shield to your Templar before you kill Jondar and hire him can disconnect you from Battle.net."

This information is incorrect and I don't want others falling into this trap!

This statement lulled me into a false sense of security so that when my Demon Hunter tried to equip her Templar with a shield immediately before the Skeleton King (nearly 20 minutes after Jondar) I lost connection to battle.net and am unable to login to the Americas region.

Others are reporting this bug happening even on the other classes. Thread for reference:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5007330920?page=1
Edited by oXloNg#1836 on 5/15/2012 6:33 AM PDT
Reply Quote
25 Undead Mage
No.. really.. I'm being serious. I actually want people to know this could happen to them.

05/14/2012 11:02 PMPosted by Lylirra
so how do you avoid this?

It's a very specific issue. You'd need to a) create a Demon Hunter, b) loot a shield, and then c) trade it to your templar before killing Jondar and hiring him. If you avoid just one of those requirements, you should be able to avoid this particular disconnect.

See, the thing is this that Blue post is telling people they're safe as long as they equip a shield to a Templar after killing Jondar and hiring him but they're wrong! People need to know it's not safe to equip a shield to a Templar at any time!
Edited by oXloNg#1836 on 5/15/2012 6:48 AM PDT
Reply Quote
True. Happened to me twice AFTER killing Jondar.
Reply Quote
it's NOT safe, trust me. if it was, i wouldnt b posting this right now. NOT. SAFE.
Reply Quote
Still locked out of NA region 3h later because of that bug and Europe authenticating server is down...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]