Diablo® III

Current Lvl 25 Build - Game Too Easy

Not trolling but with this build 1/2 way through act 3 I never die and kill (almost) all groups of monsters in under 5 sec.

Skill (Rune):
Plague of Toads (Explosive Toads) - Left mouse button.
Grasp of the Dead (Groping Eels) - Right mouse button.

Summon Zombie Dogs (Rabid Dogs) - #1
Soul Harvest (Siphon) - #2
Corpse Spiders (Spider Queen) - #3
Gargantuan (Humongoid) - #4

All battles go pretty much the same way...

Run INTO a group - Soul Harvest right away.
Grasp of the Dead into group, Corpse Spider queen into group.
Spam Plague of Toads till win recasting above if more arrive.

My DPS is ~170. When I cast Siphon and hit 5 mobs it goes to ~300+.

Your Grasp of the Dead is AOE slow, Corpse Spiders AOE. Plague of Toads is spammable AOE.

If you get hurt, back up and cast siphon again to heal. If you have a elite or boss, let your pets tank and spam same stuff.

I run out of mana maybe evey 20th fight, and its brief. Have never died using these skills. Everything has been EZ mode since this combo.

I guarantee this will not work NM and above, but any WD looking to speed through normal this combo works.
Reply Quote
And BTW, if you have a % chance to freeze enemies on hit weapon all your pets can freeze enemies on hit. Pretty damn useful since zombie dogs don't do much damage but deal a lot of hits.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
thx for the tip i'll prob be using it, lvl 17 wd atm
Reply Quote
I'm not liking plague of toads all that much as of yet. Have to get too close for them to work well. I don't have the rune yet though. Poison Darts are still far and away my favorite main attack. (lvl13)
Reply Quote
I love the explosive toads :X so much fun to see the bouncing frog-bombs
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I am using a very similar build at lvl 24 currently. This is the build I am currently using:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#hZdXYT!Zd!.aZaaa

I have found that I don't care for toads. I let my dogs/follower/gargantuan run in, then I will grasp, run in soul harvest, and Firebomb everything to death. I have horrify there as an extra back up CC but often do not find myself using it. Never need to wait for mana and it is non-stop fun!
Reply Quote
Then play on a harder mode.
DUH.
Reply Quote
I am using a very similar build at lvl 24 currently. This is the build I am currently using:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#hZdXYT!Zd!.aZaaa

I have found that I don't care for toads. I let my dogs/follower/gargantuan run in, then I will grasp, run in soul harvest, and Firebomb everything to death. I have horrify there as an extra back up CC but often do not find myself using it. Never need to wait for mana and it is non-stop fun!

I was going to start playing with Fire Bomb right as servers went down. I like toads because you have to get close anyway to Siphon. Once your there toads do higher damage anyway so stuck with them. Think I'll switch to bombs once the mobs start killing me quicker than I kill them.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I have forsaken some better gear for the gear that I currently have that has + exp/kill on it. So I don't like to stay too close. lol
Reply Quote
Poisen Dart > Frogs IMO (cant bear the sluggish cast and lack of distance)

Bats > Grasping IMO Havnt seen a stronger AOE in game YET. Just melts all mobs.

I havnt met a mob in the game YET @ lvl 26 that didnt go down in seconds. When Soul Harvest procs sitting around 350 DPS...

Using mana on Soul, and Im full all day.... WD has been a dream to level thus far.
Edited by VzwsoN#1694 on 5/15/2012 12:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
I think that Toads will really shine when we can get to the level to put the 'Addling' rune on them.
Edited by Bahlmoral#1420 on 5/15/2012 12:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I really think Toads will really shine when we can get to the level and putting the 'Addling' rune on them.
Killing the enemy with acid, warts and explosive frogs. This is why I picked witch doctor! Now, if I could only login, I forgot I got some new runes to try out.

And agree with Vzwson, subject to change as soon as I get murdered ten feet out of town in NM. Miss the necromancer's death scream, it was so jarring.
Reply Quote
Wait until you all reach nightmare! Gotta switch some stuff here and there.
Im using alot of spirit walk right now!
Firebomb works nice too.

Currently act 2 nm but got kicked now and cant get back in.
Reply Quote
You are still on normal difficulty...

Ever play a "Spark"tress in D2? in normal/nightmare it was viable. In Hell, you where a worthless sparkler....
Reply Quote
Yeah I like all the crazy abilities and AoEs, the ability that gives 20% damage reduction to you and pets is definitely a bonus that helps make up for lack or armor if you ever get swamped. I think that the ez-mode comes from soul harvest. I think this is prolly the best PvEr, Im having a feeling so far that it may be tougher PvP considering how slow he runs. Though the fear ability that makes him feel so much like a warlock at times and possibly the hex fetishes and the ability that allows you to go ghost for a few seconds and run quick will definitely be our salvation. Definitely love the flavor, its like a necromancer+some random goofy fun
Reply Quote
I've been having really good luck with zombie charges, and it seemed like they were out damaging the dire bats.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]