For those of you running ANY of the Vista operation system that are having problems installing the DVD retail version of this game that have been stuck at a certain percentage or no install progression what so ever READ HERE!!!
I have been spending about 14 hours sinces release of Diablo 3 retail copy and have been trouble shooting the client non install problem.
- Run as Administrator
- Disable Windows Firewall
- Disable UAC (Start/Run/msconfig)
- Disable Windows Defender
- Check for PC Updates ((SERVICE PACK 2 IS A MUST!))
- All NetFramework updates need to be installed
- Trigger/Forward given ports from blizzard
Game Client Fix[/u]'s:
- Remove any clients you have downloaded from blizzard and redownload that client
- Remove this folder (C:\Program Data\*Battle.Net*) (Folder in between the *'s)
- FOR US USERS TRY DOWNLOADING THE ENGLISH_EU CLIENT AND BEGIN INSTALL
- Disable Peer to Peer
- Make sure Throttle is disable to allow maximum pc performace. May run slower but will be well worth it and less likely to cause a conflict or crash.
I have tried all of these and found some of them can help. I have more advanced task you can try and commands but these were the most user friendly i can explain. If you need any more help with anything email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks for reading my post and hope it all helped in someway