Diablo® III

Diablo 3 Client stuck at 0% installation Fix

**********DIABLO III VISTA CLIENT INSTALL FIX!!!**********

For those of you running ANY of the Vista operation system that are having problems installing the DVD retail version of this game that have been stuck at a certain percentage or no install progression what so ever READ HERE!!!

I have been spending about 14 hours sinces release of Diablo 3 retail copy and have been trouble shooting the client non install problem.

Possible Fix:
- Run as Administrator
- Disable Windows Firewall
- Disable UAC (Start/Run/msconfig)
- Disable Windows Defender
- Check for PC Updates ((SERVICE PACK 2 IS A MUST!))
- All NetFramework updates need to be installed
- Trigger/Forward given ports from blizzard

Game Client Fix[/u]'s:
- Remove any clients you have downloaded from blizzard and redownload that client
- Remove this folder (C:\Program Data\*Battle.Net*) (Folder in between the *'s)
- FOR US USERS TRY DOWNLOADING THE ENGLISH_EU CLIENT AND BEGIN INSTALL
- Disable Peer to Peer
- Make sure Throttle is disable to allow maximum pc performace. May run slower but will be well worth it and less likely to cause a conflict or crash.

I have tried all of these and found some of them can help. I have more advanced task you can try and commands but these were the most user friendly i can explain. If you need any more help with anything email me at seiler2360@gmail.com

Thanks for reading my post and hope it all helped in someway

Thank You,
Ghost2360

///Contact Info:
Email: seiler2360@gmail.com
Xfire: tylern66
Facebook: www.facebook.com/tylern66
Steam: cpt_seiler
Edited by Ghost2360#1252 on 5/15/2012 12:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Aye yai yai.
Reply Quote
Please help, so i put the d3 CD in and the autoplay shows up, i hit install and two pop ups appear, one saying i need a new operating system to run, and two says that i need to register. I clicked that I had an account already and left the client running for almost 3 hours now... Its still stuck on 0%. I have my firewall turned off, my anti-virus off and have the secondary logon service enabled...

I am running this on windows vista
Edited by Cow#1435 on 5/17/2012 2:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Alternatively, don't use Vista.

Also, you should edit out your email address and facebook account.
Reply Quote
I may have found a possible solution to this since I had the same problem:

Install diablo III on an external hard drive using a different computer (for me it is my laptop) and then when its finished, connect the external HD to your computer, copy the files over from your external HD to the HD of the computer you want to play on and voila...should work.

Usually its how i solve a lot of installation issues...ill let you guys know if it works or not soon.
Reply Quote
Yep...it works!
Reply Quote
So it can't work in ANY way if I have service pack 1?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]