Diablo® III

Secondary monitor will not fullscreen

I've seen a couple threads about this but haven't seen any real solutions.

My secondary monitor is larger and I prefer to game on it - I can't run D3 in fullscreen or fullscreen (windowed) mode on the secondary monitor. Also, if I try running it in windowed mode and then dragging it to the secondary monitor, the window will not maximize to fit the screen and the resolution selection is inaccessible.

What, if anything, can be done to address this? I didn't buy this badass video card and game only so I could play it on my small monitor.
Reply Quote
I have same problem, my primary display is set to be in vertical mode and secondary horizontal. I would like to play the game full screen on secondary display but I can't as windowed mode option is locked and cannot be changed.
Reply Quote
Having a similar issue. Only for me it works in "Full Screen Windowed" though this seems to disregard any graphic card personnal settings.
Reply Quote
Exact same problem here. It would be nice to have an option in the menu to pick what monitor you want it displayed on.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
I am also having this exact issue. My primary monitor is tiny, so I would like to pay this on my secondary, which is an overall much better display. It would be great if Blizzard would add the same options for display that WoW has. In WoW I use Windowed Fullscreen mode on Monitor 2, and have never had issues with it. Or if Blizz won't add the monitor option, just at least fix this issue. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Diablo III but that does not fix the issue either.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
Wanted to add I really can't play this game as is without this feature working of allowing me to fullscreen it on my 2nd monitor. Can blizz please look into thi?!?
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
any1?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
Also having this problem. Changing my primary monitor is not a real solution.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
any1 know if it will patched? Will this game get patches?
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
If you'd like that feature in-game, you need to make a post on the General Discussion forum as we can't take suggestions in here. The developers are much more likely to see it there.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/3354739/

Diablo III uses Windows' primary monitor and its capabilities for the game. Portrait mode is not supported I don't believe, just landscape. If you want to play on a secondary screen, you'll need to be in windowed mode and drag it over and resize it as needed.

For Windows 7 (With Aero activated) use windowed fullscreen mode, Win key+shift+arrow will move it. In my experience, vsync will limit your fps to 30. I'm assuming because of Aero being visible on the first monitor. Diabling vsync seems to fix the problem. I still do not experience any tearing, however there is a bit of a stutter. For those with no alternative, however, this is a nice workaround until an official patch is released.
Edited by Aranu#1376 on 5/27/2012 10:30 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]